Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Sitting 5 Months Without Start Or Flush Can Anything Go Wrong?

malibu.c.c

boat was flushed ,antifreeze through system,sta bil in fuel tank ,batteries disconnect , have closed cooling system so anti freeze in most areas,

since i am away to start or flush it can anything go wrong with aboat sitting too long??

wont be back for another 2-3 months..

thks

Do you have a heater, shower, ballast ... those should have been taken care of before the off season? What part of the county are you, stored inside, outside, heated?

Oil change would have been nice before you put it up for the off season.

Sure would be a good idea to get a float charge on the battery(s).

doesnt freeze in my country so no problem there, and have antifreeze flushed in just in case and its cloed cooling so antifreeze there as well to help with corrosion,

changed oil and transmission oil before i stored it .

just wandering engine not starting for so long if its bad for engine.

thks

your batteries may be flat when you get back but the motor should be fine. There are storage instructions in the manual for the motors, follow those next time it will be laid up for a long period of time. A float charger on the batteries is a great idea, if you dont have electricity at the stroage location you can always take the batteries home and put them in the garage with a float charger on them.