Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Searching For Boat

raminator08

I remember drooling over pics of your boat last year.

Yup, and we decided not to sell and give it another season last summer. We used it less (as we suspected we would). So my arm could be twisted into selling it this year.

I honestly think one would have to search long and hard to find a 2000 Malibu in comparable condition to the RHOBEAT.

Beau :thumbup:

Yup, and we decided not to sell and give it another season last summer. We used it less (as we suspected we would). So my arm could be twisted into selling it this year.

I honestly think one would have to search long and hard to find a 2000 Malibu in comparable condition to the RHOBEAT.

Beau :thumbup:

I doubt I have enough green to twist your arm enough, but do you have a price in mind?

Sorry, been away for a bit. I'm looking for a 2001ish Sunsetter or Wakesetter VLX. Really like Malibu, so would take an exceptional deal to look at another brand of this era/price.

Good luck with your search. Ive seen quite a few 2000 wakesetters in the 17k to 18k range that look to be a good buy but i cant justify spending the cash for a second boat

We are jumping to conclusions about the engine, yes the boat isn’t in terrific shape and it does worry me, but if very interested I’d have a marine mechanic thoroughly go through the boat dry and wet test before even talking price. Don’t forget having the trailer looked at. If you wanted something bigger and didn’t want to have to invest time and $ into a boat then I’d pass because no matter what you’ll be wanting a larger boat anyway.

Well get out there and use it!! ;)

We'll probably only have a few people in the boat since our fishing boat is more popular with the good bass fishing here but i still would like to ski some. Im just worried about whether the response can handle the waves that the lake might throw at it. I know these boats are designed mostly for smaller lakes and sit relatively low to the water

Well, if a Response is too small you might not have a lot of choices unless you go square windshield. I talked to this guy and was close to buying this boat about two years ago, but due to the forest fires around Possum Kingdom I never was able to go see the boat. He ended up selling it to a buddy, who looks like he's going to upgrade. This boat looks like a good example and is big enough to handle rougher water than a Response...

1990 Sunsport

Edited by Asmodeus2112
  • 2 weeks later...