Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lightning Accessories

Agman

Hi, I am considering having Lightning Accessories out of Rancho Cordova build me a new tower. Anyone have any experience with them? Also, if they do build one for me I will have a Boss Tower available if anyone is looking, it came off of my 01 sunsetter vlx. Thanks, Jon

I should share my experience with towers. The first boat I purchased was a 195 Sea Ray. We bought a universal tower that fit many boats and it looked great. What a pain in the Asx it was. The tower was big diatmeter tube and it shook and shaked all the way down the lake. Our second boat was a 23 foot larson and it came without a tower too. We did all the research and decided to go with Samson Sports this time. This second tower was custom built in one piece for our boat. Looked great, and better yet was ROCK solid. We did pay a little more, but wow was it worth it. Have a look at this company. They have setups and patterns for most boats and are great to deal with. Don't be fooled by companies telling you their universal tower will not move or shake with your boards and speakers hanging off it when you are crashing across the lake.

We now have an illusion tower on our 2006 23lsv and it is rock solid too.

Good luck with your new tower what ever brand you choose.

Edited by Wake My Day

With so many good tower manufactures in the market today, why risk it with a custom made one?

I would guess so he can reuse his existing tower mounts and have a good tower on his boat. That's why I ditched my Monster and took two months of hacking, cutting, and polishing a TIII to fit my boat. Total pain in the butt and many "is this really worth it?" moments, but I would do it again in a second. Thumbup.gif

I would consider Titan (or whatever it is now) and Samson some of the good manufactures. I was just saying that there are plenty of good tower companies to go with, that why risk not getting something good by going with an off brand tower.

I would consider Titan (or whatever it is now) and Samson some of the good manufactures. I was just saying that there are plenty of good tower companies to go with, that why risk not getting something good by going with an off brand tower.

I had a Samson tower on my Ski Sanger, Back when Towers were only out for a few years, In fact Scott helped me wire it for lights and speakers, That how long ago it was..LOl That company has been around for a long time and Scott knows Towers, You will not be disappointed.. http://www.samsonsports.com/

I would consider Titan (or whatever it is now)

We are Starone Wake/ Menace Watersports now.. And are only about an hour from Yuba City..

Edited by riderite

I had a Samson tower on my Ski Sanger, Back when Towers were only out for a few years, In fact Scott helped me wire it for lights and speakers, That how long ago it was..LOl That company has been around for a long time and Scott knows Towers, You will not be disappointed.. http://www.samsonsports.com/

x2

You should look at Samson. Good Company, Good Products, Good Service. (and no I don't work there)

Edited by JTech

x2

You should look at Samson. Good Company, Good Products, Good Service. (and no I don't work there)

I love the look of the Samson Blade Tower. Looks just like the G3 tower.

• 1 month later...

Made an appointment today with lightning. I checked out his shop and i like his work, it's clean and well built. I love the look of the samson blade but having something local is nice just in case anything goes wrong. I'll take some pics and post them. Thanks again everyone for your help! Jon

PS- Thank God for this rain!! Water for our fields and fill up those lakes!!