Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution Cover

Brent Wall

I've read many of the positive comments here about the Evolution cover. I'm confident that it is a great product backed by superb customer service. However, I can't say that I really understand what differentiates this cover from the factory supplied cover. Can someone provide a concise comparison?

Also, if someone has pictures of one on a 2011 VLX, that would be really helpful.

I can throw in my two cents. I have the factory cover for my 23lsv. Positives: Fits nice and looks great. Negatives: The main problems with factory cover is that it doesn't breath well. If my interior was wet or damp, this cover seemed to hold all the moisture in. I also had a hard time getting the rope that encircles the rub rail tight. It also uses nylon straps that tie down to the trailer. I found that these straps marked my gel coat. What I like most about my new evolution cover is several metal flat hooks velcroed onto the under side that hook onto the rub rail. No marks when I travel and the moisture in the boat evaporates quickly. I have had this cover for over a year now and I am very happy with it.

- Breathes well which allows the interior to dry out & not mold or mildew.

- Water doesn't pool up on it, yet it doesn't use any tent poles. So putting it on the boat is easier, less steps.

- No straps to the trailer. It uses hooks that grab the rubrail. Makes it capable to drive at freeway speeds without scarring up the boat.

- Customer service. Cory brings it to a whole other level. There are countless stories on this forum alone.

I have both..no comparision. The big thing for me is water doesnt pool, and it doesnt need poles. The stock cover even with the pole it will pool. I tow with my Evolution and have never had an issue. I am not very confident using the stock to trailer. Cost is pretty similiar so why choose the Hyundi over a Porche?

What is the approximate typical price range for a Evoulution cover? I have a 08 VTX, just curious as I would love to have one for towing in rain and down to Norris lake.

Cory is what makes the Evolution cover special. You can't get that anywhere else.

Something that I have learned over the years in the marine industry... It's because people want to buy from people, not businesses...

PS: The biggest difference in the covers is material used. A basic nylon vs a Sunbrella Canvas.

Something that I have learned over the years in the marine industry... It's because people want to buy from people, not businesses...

PS: The biggest difference in the covers is material used. A basic nylon vs a Sunbrella Canvas.

After having both, I agree. I have had a few Evolution covers and a few stock covers and the Sunbrella is a far superior material. The Factory CS covers are garbage in comparison....

Cory is what makes the Evolution cover special. You can't get that anywhere else.

:plus1: That's the biggest. The other reasons have been hit as well. Sunbrella being the big #2 reason. You can get Cory's covers so tight you would think it is a trampoline! Thumbup.gif Water sure won't pool on an Evolution and they bead water like a ducks back!

I have an Evolution cover which Cory Anderson made and customized for me. In November of last year, I towed my boat over the Rockies from Seattle to Austin without any issues and speeds up to 90 mph. You could not ask for a better cover or a finer person to deal with.

I have an Evolution cover which Cory Anderson made and customized for me. In November of last year, I towed my boat over the Rockies from Seattle to Austin without any issues and speeds up to 90 mph. You could not ask for a better cover or a finer person to deal with.

Holy Smokes :innocent:

I still don't think Cory has a template for a 2010 247 :(

I'd bet he'd work with you to get one? I spoken with him several times and from what I've heard and read about him, he's very accommodating.

In November of last year, I towed my boat over the Rockies from Seattle to Austin without any issues and speeds up to 90 mph.

Good God man, what are you towing with?

I still don't think Cory has a template for a 2010 247 :(

It is worth asking him. I asked about a cover for a 2012 Response TXI. He told me he was working on it and within a couple of weeks was ready to go. Cover is supposed to be shipped by next week and we will be using it at the end of the month to go from Michigan to Florida and back for vacation.

I just bought my second cover from Cory for my 2011 VLX. I have not had a chance to put it on yet as the boat is at the dealer for warranty work. I should have pictures of it soon and I'll post.

His cover is not even comparable to the factory cover...

Maybe I caught Cory at a bad time, but I wasn't impressed with the amount of time it took to get the cover. I wound up canceling my order after waiting probably 2 months. I was really looking forward to the cover because of the reviews on this site, but winter was fast approaching and I just couldn't wait any longer.

For the record, I had my boat shrink wrapped for the winter and will look for a local canvas shop to make a custom cover this spring.

Maybe I caught Cory at a bad time, but I wasn't impressed with the amount of time it took to get the cover. I wound up canceling my order after waiting probably 2 months. I was really looking forward to the cover because of the reviews on this site, but winter was fast approaching and I just couldn't wait any longer.

For the record, I had my boat shrink wrapped for the winter and will look for a local canvas shop to make a custom cover this spring.

that's unfortunate but it is definitely your loss.

Depending on the climate where you live, you want to be careful with the shrink wrap too. They don't breathe at all, and condensation will get inside it, causing mold & mildew all over the interior. You have to have a way for that moisture to escape, like using Dry-z-air or electric de-humidifiers.