Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Air Horns

Bozboat

Wakeboardracer posted his 247 for sale, on it are a set of Kleinn Air horns and a compressor. Here are his photos

P1010493.jpg

P1010494.jpg

P1010492.jpg

Here are a couple of links to air horns, Has anyone else installed an air horn on the tower? My stock Malibu under the dash horn is a joke. I carry a air horn in a can but a real air horn would sure help get someones attention in an emergency.

Train Horn Link expensive

Link to Kleinn Horns

Seen lots of air bagged cars and truck use them as a novelty. Seems like a lot of space to take up unless you boat in areas of extreme morons and feel you need them. :dontknow:

:plus1: If there are that many morons in the areas in which I would want to boat to need these, I'll boat somewhere else.

Well for all practical purposes my stock malibu horn is a useless and is mounted up under the dash board so that no one other than the driver gets to hear it.

I agree the stock horn is pretty pathetic.

Huge Ballast sending out 4' high walls of water, Thousand Watt Sound Systems throwing sound clear across the lake....now add in Diesel Locomotive style Air Horns to entertain the water front homeowners and others on the lake.

Don't be surprised when there is not an outpouring of support at the meeting banning wake enhancing devices (read: wakesufing/wakeboarding) at your local water spot. The tipping point may be closer than you think.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecatalogue/imageview/11669/?RefererURL=/trade/productview/2137/539/

Check this out Boz. I put one of these on my motorcycle a few years ago. Loud and small. I actually took it apart and hid the compressor under the seat, and put the horn in the stock location only connected by an extra length of rubber hose. Worked great. I didn't buy it from this supplier, but its the same horn.

Woody

http://www.twistedth...tview/2137/539/

Check this out Boz. I put one of these on my motorcycle a few years ago. Loud and small. I actually took it apart and hid the compressor under the seat, and put the horn in the stock location only connected by an extra length of rubber hose. Worked great. I didn't buy it from this supplier, but its the same horn.

Woody

That is awesome, is it loud and how is the tone?

I don't want anything that sounds british or foreign (no offense to those)

I've always wondered about the poor man's version: http://www.harborfreight.com/three-trumpet-12-volt-air-horn-set-with-compressor-94862.html?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase&hft_adv=40010&mr:trackingCode=1A760F9E-782A-E011-B31E-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA

clearly not cool enough to mount on the tower tho.

And if you guys think the malibu horn is weak, you clearly haven't honked an MB!

I've always wondered about the poor man's version: http://www.harborfreight.com/three-trumpet-12-volt-air-horn-set-with-compressor-94862.html?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase&hft_adv=40010&mr:trackingCode=1A760F9E-782A-E011-B31E-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA

clearly not cool enough to mount on the tower tho.

And if you guys think the malibu horn is weak, you clearly haven't honked an MB!

So they put as much thought into that one as the missing shut off valves on the thru-hulls huh.....

With all Of the Jet ski idiots on our lake I would love to do this mod except it would probably scare them and they would drive right in front of us deaf and even dumber than they already are.

That is awesome, is it loud and how is the tone?

I don't want anything that sounds british or foreign (no offense to those)

It is impressive how loud this little thing is. Not a real low tone, but not crazy UK car squeeky either. When I had it on my Harley it was great. You really got notices when you hit it. Stock horns are pathetic on bikes, and boats for that matter. I think I only paid about $50 for it.

It scared the crap out of a few people. I used to get a chuckle out of it. :biggrin: