Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wheelhouse Predicts......

Stanley Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse predicted the size of the wake surfing community would double in 2011....It certainly looks like this is the case. It is great to see the progression of the sport and and the wonderful people who are part of it. Wake Surfing is all about the endless ride and sharing that stoke with others.

For the haters;

There are more national contest this year than last

It seems the ballast thread has many more post about adding ballast for wake surfing than previous years (meaning 2011)

There tons of threads about what boards and should I go skim or surf style

There seems to be a lot of threads about boat setup and speeds and wedge positions etc..

Worlds is now invitational only (because so many want to ride and there is just no enough time in two days to make it all happen)

Stoked to see it....sure is a blast

Cheers Fella Shreddaz

From your ole pal WHEELHOUZE!!!!

Wheelhouse predicted the size of the wake surfing community would double in 2011....It certainly looks like this is the case. It is great to see the progression of the sport and and the wonderful people who are part of it. Wake Surfing is all about the endless ride and sharing that stoke with others.

For the haters;

There are more national contest this year than last

It seems the ballast thread has many more post about adding ballast for wake surfing than previous years (meaning 2011)

There tons of threads about what boards and should I go skim or surf style

There seems to be a lot of threads about boat setup and speeds and wedge positions etc..

Worlds is now invitational only (because so many want to ride and there is just no enough time in two days to make it all happen)

Stoked to see it....sure is a blast

Cheers Fella Shreddaz

From your ole pal WHEELHOUZE!!!!

He shoots, he scores! :surfing:

I want to see more videos of that wheelhouse 247 wave!! Surfing is awesome and in my area it's growing like crazy. I think every boat manufacture is finally getting that surfing is here to stay.

I wake surfed two years ago but, didn't do it at all last season so, I guess the tables have turned and wake surfing has become less popular.

I wake surfed two years ago but, didn't do it at all last season so, I guess the tables have turned and wake surfing has become less popular.

:rofl: That was funny!

I have been considering what it would take to add some ballast to get the VTX surfing, but between that and a board it's not a ton of cash but more what will make it in the budget appropriation, so I will have to be content with buying another annual state park boat launch pass and lots of gas and stick to skiing and boarding and yes, god forbid, taking the kids tubing and swimming.

Edited by MalibuTime

I have been considering what it would take to add some ballast to get the VTX surfing, but between that and a board it's not a ton of cash but more what will make it in the budget appropriation, so I will have to be content with buying another annual state park boat launch pass and lots of gas and stick to skiing and boarding and yes, god forbid, taking the kids tubing and swimming.

3 ballast bags, 1 pump, 2 boards, 1 board bag, 1 rope = $840 (boards were used, rope was freebie). Not too bad. Something fun to do when the lake is a choppy mess (but my first choice will always be footing & boarding). Had a lot of fun teaching kids & adults to surf. So most of that momentum came from my lake with a slew of newbies!

post-8942-0-34809200-1328624516_thumb.jp

My board was stolen last summer. I won't be riding it, but someone else will. Since he will be the only one surfing on my home lake he should not be to hard to find in the crosshairs.

• 3 weeks later...

You are just to cool for school man........Evidence is Evidence and Facts are Facts both of which apply here!

Worth every penny for the parents and the kids.........

My board was stolen last summer. I won't be riding it, but someone else will. Since he will be the only one surfing on my home lake he should not be to hard to find in the crosshairs.

Lake must be small and shallow........