Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

While I'm Re-Skinning The Interior...suggestions?

braindamage

I am a first time BU owner - recently purchased a 2000 Sunsetter LXi that spent it's whole life uncovered outside in Arkansas. The drivetrain is solid, but the interior vinyl is shot. I'm having Chee send me skins for an interior re-do, and plan to also:

1) Detail the interior and have the carpet professionally steam cleaned.

2) Insulate the motor box for sound.

3) Wetsand and buff gelcoat.

Some additional things I'm considering, though I am not sure it's of great benefit to have the interior off while doing it:

- Upgrading the sound system

- Fixing the Analog tach which doesn't work (though I have a perfect pass which does have a tach)

While I have the thing apart...are there any other items to replace and/or add to the boat? I would hate to get the whole thing together then have to tear it apart again a year later because I didn't do something.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I am a first time BU owner - recently purchased a 2000 Sunsetter LXi that spent it's whole life uncovered outside in Arkansas. The drivetrain is solid, but the interior vinyl is shot. I'm having Chee send me skins for an interior re-do, and plan to also:

1) Detail the interior and have the carpet professionally steam cleaned.

2) Insulate the motor box for sound.

3) Wetsand and buff gelcoat.

Some additional things I'm considering, though I am not sure it's of great benefit to have the interior off while doing it:

- Upgrading the sound system

- Fixing the Analog tach which doesn't work (though I have a perfect pass which does have a tach)

While I have the thing apart...are there any other items to replace and/or add to the boat? I would hate to get the whole thing together then have to tear it apart again a year later because I didn't do something.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

does it have a 3 piece sunpad? if not, now is the time to do a conversion.

does it have a 3 piece sunpad? if not, now is the time to do a conversion.

Its an LXI, so no three piece sunpad! But ScottFX can build you up a cool robot to open and close the motor box for you!

Edited by Malibuzer

Its an LXI, so no three piece sunpad! But ScottFX can build you up a cool robot to open and close the motor box for you!

haha

oh yeah.. i totally overlooked that part of his post. :\ woops

Edited by scott_fx

Add a couple of pop up cleats near the stern if you don't have them already. Also install LED interior lights.

My interior is also apart and I'm hoping to do both of those items. Good call on the engine box insulation, I did that mod and it was well worth it.