Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starone Kicker Km6500.2 Series Horn System

bpk240

I'm new to the site and to the world of wakesetters.

I just purchased a 07 VTX. It did not come with tower speakers, so I'm in the market for some.

I spoke with Brett over at star one, and I'm considering the KICKER KM6500.2 SERIES HORN SYSTEM they have.

Anyone out there have this setup? If so how does it sound? pros/cons etc...

Thanks!

I just purchased these speakers to drop in my stock cans, have not hooked it up yet tho...Hopefully next weekend i'll get a chance to. Will let you know how it sounds when I do though

I've been running this system for two years and they are currently being installed on the new MXZ. On both previous boats I've run the extra set of KM6500's in the "six-pack" configuration. Properly powered and tuned, you will be very pleased. :rockon: If you don't have existing cans, Kicker is now offering single or double enclosures.

11KMTE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got these hooked up and they sound great! At the price I paid for them i'm beyond happy with them, about $300 and dropped them in my stock cans. They are clear and loud at 100'+ and do not blast the boat at all. However, if i were paying around $1k or more, i'd probably go with wetsounds

Got these hooked up and they sound great! At the price I paid for them i'm beyond happy with them, about $300 and dropped them in my stock cans. They are clear and loud at 100'+ and do not blast the boat at all. However, if i were paying around $1k or more, i'd probably go with wetsounds

Care to share where you got them for that price?

I've been running this system for two years and they are currently being installed on the new MXZ. On both previous boats I've run the extra set of KM6500's in the "six-pack" configuration. Properly powered and tuned, you will be very pleased. :rockon: If you don't have existing cans, Kicker is now offering single or double enclosures.

11KMTE.jpg

Too bad that the wiring on those cans are external, not run through the clamp..

Too bad that the wiring on those cans are external, not run through the clamp..

Although it will involve a bit of time, they can easily be run through the clamps. The binding-posts can be removed and plugged with a discreet rubber plug and then drill through the center of the clamp/pod/backing plate. They can also be custom painted to match the boat. The end plate with the Kicker logo can be removed, allowing for an LED ring to be placed there as well.