Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking For Some Cheap Winter Mod Projects?

Fman

The weather has been so great out, I got a bug to work on some projects on the VLX....

I just finished up my runway light install yesterday, added 12 red LEDs to top of the trailer channel. I wired them into the running lights, if I get hassled from the CHP I will add the water switch to only activate them in the water or put them on a seperate toggle in the dash of my vehicle. The law is anything in front of the axles is supposed to only be amber, so I guess worse case scenario is a fix it ticket and adding a switch. Total cost was about $85, I ordered the lights from E-trailer for $5.79/each. It will also be nice to have the extra lights for wiping down the boat in the late evenings, we are usually always the last one off the water.

I also changed my REV 10's grille to white from the black, Wetsounds is only offering the REV 10 grilles in black for aftermarket purchase, just thought I would change it up a little to a tuxedo look. Total cost was $10 in spray paint.

Runway_4.jpg

Runway_3.jpg

Runway_2.jpg

Runway_1.jpg

White_G3_2.jpg

White_G3_1.jpg

Edited by Fman

Look sweet man! The trailer looks great. I will certainly be doing that mod this spring. I've been wanting to do it for a while. I will sure make drying the boat off in the dark after pulling our nicer too!

I love the way those REV 10's look! Nice job. Thumbup.gif

Nice work..I was going to do the sam on my extreme but order a new boat and boatmate trailer so they come installed but are white! I am going to remove the float switch on mine but have a quesiton. Is there a switch that I can use in place of the switch that is water proof? I am not sure how challenging it would be but there is a open pin on the wiring harness you can use. I was hoping to use this pin for the run way lights and then install a switch in the truck. This would make it very easy to turn them off easily then having a external water proof switch of the trailer. Thoughts?

Nice work..I was going to do the sam on my extreme but order a new boat and boatmate trailer so they come installed but are white! I am going to remove the float switch on mine but have a quesiton. Is there a switch that I can use in place of the switch that is water proof? I am not sure how challenging it would be but there is a open pin on the wiring harness you can use. I was hoping to use this pin for the run way lights and then install a switch in the truck. This would make it very easy to turn them off easily then having a external water proof switch of the trailer. Thoughts?

To answer your question, yes you can definitely do this. Infact, I would recommend having a toggle in the vehicle over the waterproof switch, seems much more reliable and user friendly. I chose to run with RED leds over the Clear/white because I am running them constantly on with the running lights. White lights would grab to much attention from the CHP (ca highway patrol), most agree I will not get hassled with red. However, if I do get pulled over I will be switching to the manual toggle like you are installing.

Look sweet man! The trailer looks great. I will certainly be doing that mod this spring. I've been wanting to do it for a while. I will sure make drying the boat off in the dark after pulling our nicer too!

I love the way those REV 10's look! Nice job. Thumbup.gif

Thanks Martin, nothing like a little bling for a 40 year old! Wait until I start hanging the malibu dice from the mirror!

Thanks Martin, nothing like a little bling for a 40 year old! Wait until I start hanging the malibu dice from the mirror!

Hey whats wrong with that... :whistle: