Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Changing Things Up Wetsounds Style.

Shaboy6

Hey guys, I have a 98 response that I'm currently running 2 wetsounds pro 80's and a pro 485 powered by a syn 6. I'm going to sell the 80's and buy some rev 10's to take there place.I really dont want another amp so my question is can I run the 10's and a my 485 off the syn 6 alone, or would they be way underpowered and not sound good since I think they would b getting about 200 watts.What do ya think

Dude putting 200 watts on Rev10s is akin to putting a 4 cylinder in a ZR1 Corvette. I think that could be considered communist.

True 350-425 watts each Rev10 my friend. That way you can look at yourself in the mirror and not be ashamed of yourself.

Why not give it a try and see how you like it. While 200 watts in not optimal to a Rev10, it will not sounds like crap either.

ps...don't base your self esteem on how much wattage you put towards your Rev 10's :lol::lol::lol:

As long as the system is not over-driven as means of compensating for the low power, then there is no real issue. If ones goal it so have a nice sounding system for surfing and the party cove scene, then powering under the rated RMS is ok. If some wants to be "That Guy" and have the volume at the end of the tow rope as if hes got ear buds in, then feed them heavily.

If building from scratch, I would suggest running the the tower pair bridged on a nice 4-chnl and then running the center unit bridged on a 2 chnl.