Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Screw Heads In Chrome Rub Rail Issues

I have noticed some of the screws in the rub rail don't sit exactly flush and snag clothing and just feel rough to the touch.(08 VTX) Many of them just dont sit in the beveled hole just right. Any ideas or has anyone had a fix to this issue? I have tried to tighten but still rough edges ect... Seems ot be about 20 of them seem rough. Thought about removing each screw

and using compound on a buffing wheel to "soften" edges of the screw heads,even the circumference of them so they sit deeper maybe. Thoughts,ideas,,, appreciated.

I used my dremel with a sanding disc. The guys installing the rub rail obviously hard bottomed the screws and let the bit spin and gall the head at the factory... mine were ripping the guide on posts on my trailer.

I used my dremel with a sanding disc. The guys installing the rub rail obviously hard bottomed the screws and let the bit spin and gall the head at the factory... mine were ripping the guide on posts on my trailer.

:plus1: Both my VTX's screw heads were tearing up my guide posts as well.