Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone Know Of A Good Upholetry Shop In Se Michigan?

Maybe a long shot,

But I'm buying some skins from Chee to replace the old ones. 2 are simple cushions 1 is the rear lean back which is curved and slanted. I'd feel bettter going to someone with experience. Local Malibu dealer said they would do the whole thing but was reluctant to tell me who would actually do the work. Local shops all claim it's easy but I rather go with a recommended place.

Thx!

Edited by Indyxc

i had the driver seat skin replaced using that 'local dealer'.

when i pulled that skin off two years later to fix the same problem i found that the shop that did the work didn't even bother to use monel staples!

what a bucket of rust. not a happy camper.

when i brought the gob of rust (staples) to the dealer they said they would have a conversation w the shop they had outsourced from.

don't know if it ironed that problem out for future work.

i've had some work done by cody at wilson marine (brighton) and have been satisfied but the price quoted on several jobs was all over the map.

they charge what they quote but sometimes the quote feels high and not so much at other times.

cody has worked with me pretty good.

i can come up w a phone number but hesitate to put it on the web.

pm me if you are interested in it.

I recently needed my Kawasaki X-2 seat reupholstered, and I took it to a local guy who has been in the business (on his own) for MANY years. I would definitely recommend him for any upholstery job. He has extensive experience with snowmobiles, boats, ATVs, motorcycles, jet skis, as well as all types of furniture. You will find him if you search for "Stanz Custom Upholstery". He is near me in White Lake. Just a warning if you call him, he has a very thick Italian accent. Let him know I referred you, and who knows, maybe he'll give you a discount! Just say it was "Carl with the jet ski seat"; he should remember me.

You can also try Just the Right Touch Boat Repair in Commerce at 248 360-2628, if he is still in business. Sort of a one man operation, but I've used him for some other stuff. Not the easiest to get a hold of.

I used these guys for some work on my cover. They do a lot upholstery work on boats and are great to work with. Dont remember their names but its 2 guys. Good luck.

Anchor Bay Canvas Upholstery transparent.png10324 Dixie Highway, Ira, MI 48023-1756(586) 648-6639 ‎anchorbaycanvas.com

as a fellow keego harbor person.

I use a place named Ann's canvas for repairs. she and her staff do great work and her extended family are the owners of a certain dealership in the area and guess who they sub their work to....

call her 248-623-3443

she's awesome, but be patient, sometimes it takes her a day or two to get back to you.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely give the listed people a call when I get my skins in. We've got a lot of people on here from SE michigan.

Jeepdude, where do you boat? Sylvan lake? I swear I saw your boat at the sandbar last season. I

• 1 month later...

Ok, an update and question for you guys.

Got my skins form Chee, then ended up calling around to some of the suggested places in this thread. Ann's Canvas was the closest place that wasn't a long wait.

Picked up the seats today, 2 turned out well, the wrap around seat back turned our questionable. When I was picking it up, I noticed some ripples on the inside of the radius on both sides. She told me when I bolt it up in the bolt, and it gets some sun/time, it should flatten out.

I'm a bit skeptical. What do you guys think?

Ok, an update and question for you guys.

Got my skins form Chee, then ended up calling around to some of the suggested places in this thread. Ann's Canvas was the closest place that wasn't a long wait.

Picked up the seats today, 2 turned out well, the wrap around seat back turned our questionable. When I was picking it up, I noticed some ripples on the inside of the radius on both sides. She told me when I bolt it up in the bolt, and it gets some sun/time, it should flatten out.

I'm a bit skeptical. What do you guys think?

That's pretty typical. A couple nice hot days on the water and the wrinkles will come right out. I've had 2 boats upholstered and both of them did this.

That's pretty typical. A couple nice hot days on the water and the wrinkles will come right out. I've had 2 boats upholstered and both of them did this.

Cincy- Really? Even on an inside radius? I'm not talking about just a flat surface, it's the inside radius of the seat back.

Cincy- Really? Even on an inside radius? I'm not talking about just a flat surface, it's the inside radius of the seat back.

Unlesss there is a severe wrinkle in the upholstery, it will come out. I know it looks like it won't, but it will. I was furious when I got my motor cover back for my 85 Ski Supreme. After a week in Cumberland, almost every visual sign of a wrinkle was gone. After a full season, you couldn't even tell that they were there.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely give the listed people a call when I get my skins in. We've got a lot of people on here from SE michigan.

Jeepdude, where do you boat? Sylvan lake? I swear I saw your boat at the sandbar last season. I

Yep, I live on Sylvan lake and I am on the sand bar almost every weekend.

I am hoping to finish everything but the interior on my boat this year. it has been quite the project, but it should be pretty nice once i get finished.

Where do you live on the lake? what color is your BU?

Sorry about the questionable work. I feel bad now. they did great fix it work on my current boat and good work on my former boat.

Jeep-

I live right on the south side of the lake, Maddy lane canal. My boat is black, red, white gunwale with black illusion x tower. I'll have to say hello next time I see you.

I got a picture of the ripple/wrinkle to see what I mean. I called the place back, and they said it should go away, but if it doesn't to bring it back with the boat, and make they'll make it right. That's at least positive.

http://imageshack.us/f/220/photofn.jpg/

I'm going to put it in the boat, and then use a space heater to heat it up, and see what happens.

Jeep-

I live right on the south side of the lake, Maddy lane canal. My boat is black, red, white gunwale with black illusion x tower. I'll have to say hello next time I see you.

I got a picture of the ripple/wrinkle to see what I mean. I called the place back, and they said it should go away, but if it doesn't to bring it back with the boat, and make they'll make it right. That's at least positive.

http://imageshack.us...20/photofn.jpg/

I'm going to put it in the boat, and then use a space heater to heat it up, and see what happens.

That will definitely come out.

Jeep-

http://imageshack.us...20/photofn.jpg/

Sounds good. I'd be down for a nice cruise around the lake if you want to pick me up lol.

I can't even get my boat in until the water level goes up. the bunks on my lift aren't even submerged yet.

Also, looking at your picture, i agree with Cincy, but if it doesn't, at least they said they would fix it free and she's only 15 minutes away.

Yeah we will see how it turns out.

Where on the lake do you live? The water level is slowly rising. Not like last year when we had all that rain.