Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tige' Racks

augie09

I'm pretty sure MC had / has the same sort of set up.

It is a sweet idea.

My problem is, it's hard to visually "see" if the boards are locked down and, if someone forgets to activate the clamp, see 'ya boards.

Literally, the last time I was on a boat, (3 weeks ago) I made a point to myself to look at the bungee cords on all the racks before we took off after changing riders. It's easy to forget and get caught up in something. And, I wasn't even on my own boat.

These are pretty similar to MC's racks. Having owned an MC with them, they are a thing of genius, and I never wished I had bungees to see if the boards were locked in. IIRC, the racks are something like $800 each, so they better be good.

Yes, Mastercraft has something similar.

I spoke to the guys at Sampson at the boat show, and they indicated that they may have something similar coming out in 5-6 months. it would be great to have an option for other towers that dont damage the surf boards

Yeah, I think Malibu is behind the times in this department. Racks are $600+ and they have a big bungee loop?! Really? I know they didn't sell too many but I have the short lived revolution racks and I like that system better than the one long bungee.

Yes, Mastercraft has something similar.

I spoke to the guys at Sampson at the boat show, and they indicated that they may have something similar coming out in 5-6 months. it would be great to have an option for other towers that dont damage the surf boards

I agree, my board has permanent dents :( from the G3 tower racks...

I agree, my board has permanent dents :( from the G3 tower racks...

doesn't Tige use the illusion towers on there boast now? If thats the case wouldn't these racks fit on the malibu illusions provided they use the same mounting points?

I guess i was thinking of something else as the alpha towers they have dont look like the illusions, sorry.

Edited by jcon44

Those board racks are sweet, I have used the mastercraft clamp downs before and they also work great.. I also noticed it looks like they made the splines wide enough to accommodate surf and wakeboards. I am sure Malibu will be changing to a new style soon.

I have not had any problems with my bungee racks damaging boards, but this new clamp down style would be a definite upgrade.

I'm pretty sure MC had / has the same sort of set up.

It is a sweet idea.

My problem is, it's hard to visually "see" if the boards are locked down and, if someone forgets to activate the clamp, see 'ya boards.

Literally, the last time I was on a boat, (3 weeks ago) I made a point to myself to look at the bungee cords on all the racks before we took off after changing riders. It's easy to forget and get caught up in something. And, I wasn't even on my own boat.

You didn't notice the driver checking before moving..... ;)

Those are sweet.

We forgot to strap our Blue Lake surfboard in before crossing form the no-wake to wake part of the lake. My poor brother's girlfriend took the nose of the board to her knee as it flew out of the rack as the boat came up on plane. She took it pretty well, but had a pretty nice bloody gash from it. Cry.gif I'm pretty anal about checking the racks before taking off now!

I will have to say, Those are the best looking/ functional Racks yet, I would trade mine in a heart beat!!! I heard that you are not supposed to put some surfboard in racks, they might flex and crack?? any truth to this?