Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu Rumor

Cory

Thinking a new VTX is in order. Came out in 2007. LSV 2008, so maybe hull change for it next year?

With the release of the MXZ and 2 different sizes of hull for 2013 as well as surf wedges, etc I highly doubt it.

9+ minutes? What are you talking about?

He's talking about the people who add additional ballast. The stock system fills fast, but it doesn't scale. I've been an advocate of gravity fill for a long time and most of the issues people think will be a problem could easily be solved IMO. That being said I still think the best overall option is FASTER pumps. Speaking of which I heard malibu was coming out with faster pumps. My boat has 800gph pirannah aerator pumps. What do the 2012's have for fill rates? (someone mentioned 1" hose but I want to know the fill rating on the pump, you simply right size the hose with the pump anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

i was just dreaming on the build a boat on malibu's website and a few of the new options are on there! maliview looks to be std, HI FlO Ballast, Plug N Play Provision, Surf Gate.. check it out!

they need to go with pumps... 2 pumps in, 2 pumps out on each tank.... if a pump fails you are still in business till the end of the season. There is plenty of room for it in the hulls of the newer boats. Lets solve this problem once and for all.

Its call redundancy. for about 1500$ more, Malibu can now bullet proof a known working system and make it a rocket ship.

Lots of problems with the gravity feds...the servos and the gates. Calibria had it before they sunk and it was a nitemare. the grass is not always greener.

If you do 'build a boa't and pick 'wakesetter vlx', 'surf gate system' is an option. There's no info attached to it unfortunately. I tried to see if the website was smart enough to check conflicing options, like wedge manual + wedge power + surf gate system in an attempt to see if you can have a wedge and surf gate, but the website isn't that intelligent and added all 3 options to my quote.

They are called surf gates. We saw them earlier, but was not able to see how they worked. They kind of resemble trim tabs. . They were on the 30th anniversary photo boat. Pearl metal flake! WOW what a boat!

Not a big fan of the new VTX dash and glove box (I'm really happy with how mine looks)... but like the sound of the Surf Gate and PnP plumbing.

Oh well, plumbed in now for the fat sacs. Will have to find a way to add the tabs for a modified surf gate (yes, saw it was not compatible from the factory)

Speaking of which I heard malibu was coming out with faster pumps. My boat has 800gph pirannah aerator pumps. What do the 2012's have for fill rates? (someone mentioned 1" hose but I want to know the fill rating on the pump, you simply right size the hose with the pump anyway).

2012's went with Phiranah 1100's and 1-1/8" hoses.

Edited by Phoenix
  • Like 1

It sounds like the new surf gate system might include a different swim platform? Is there any reason we couldn't bolt that onto an older boat?

I guess we'll have to wait to see if its really a big deal or a slight tweak to existing waves.

Does it have "laser beams" attached? and is it ill-tempered? Lol,

Steve B.

I wouldn't mind having some laser beams to take care of some of the idiots out on the lake. Maybe a torpedo or two.

The description of the surf gate goes against all prevailling wisodom for surfing:

No need for extra bags for surfing? No need for a hard lean on the surf side?

This will be interesting... I hope by all this they mean more than a shin high ropeless wave. The only boat out there that has a great stock factory surf wave is Centurion. Else you are adding bags and getting after that hard lean to get one. I really hope is isnt hype. thigh high at 11.5 ish should be the target for stock surf wave.

The description of the surf gate goes against all prevailling wisodom for surfing:

This will be interesting... I hope by all this they mean more than a shin high ropeless wave. The only boat out there that has a great stock factory surf wave is Centurion. Else you are adding bags and getting after that hard lean to get one. I really hope is isnt hype. thigh high at 11.5 ish should be the target for stock surf wave.

Centurion surf wakes get a ton of hype. I surfed a new 244 with all the factory weight and auxillary bags under seats and it was good, but not what I was expecting by any means. Plus, has terrible washed over wakeboard wake and an ugly interior. I'd take a Malibu any day even if surfgate not that revolutionary.

actually what its says is that no need to fill a "bunch" of extra sacks.