Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Cinci Boat Show Pictures

Brett B

Here are some pictures I took from the Cinci boat show, had a lot of fun and thought there was a good selection of wake boats there.

Looks like Moomba has made a big jump in quality with the Mojo. Still not a fan of the nose, and from the side it's a clear Malibu ripoff. I was very surprised by the price. It's a nice boat, but not sure why you would spend $62.5k for this Moomba when you could get a very nicely optioned VLX for only about $7k-8k more?

dsc04385cj.jpg

dsc04387o.jpg

dsc04393r.jpg

The hydroplane was cool!

dsc04399fk.jpg

dsc04400l.jpg

The MXZ looks much better in person than in pictures, and I thought No Wake did a great job with this boat.

dsc04411v.jpg

dsc04407v.jpg

dsc04409w.jpg

This SANTE 210 was very sharp with all the white and just a little bit of metallic flake. While I really liked all the rear facing seats, the VLX still feels a bit more plush and spacious, especially since the 210 has noticably shallower seats.

dsc04423k.jpg

dsc04425gn.jpg

dsc04418i.jpg

The 230 looked great as well.

dsc04427c.jpg

dsc04426x.jpg

VLX was sharp as usual and feels very spacious for a 21.5' boat.

dsc04404n.jpg

The 247 wake limo was huge inside! It had noticably more room than the 24ft Supra that was there, although the Supra interior was very nice.

dsc04403r.jpg

dsc04401k.jpg

Supra:

dsc04389m.jpg

dsc04390n.jpg

This barebones model X15 was $75k, without the BIG system and with a teak swim platorm even. Didn't like the new tower, still not a fan of all the billet parts, and it really just looked/felt like it should be a $60k boat. I'm sure it's a great boat but it just didn't do it for me.

dsc04430t.jpg

dsc04431q.jpg

dsc04428v.jpg

This X25 was $106k! The pickle fork bow was surprisingly cramped. It is definitely a very nice boat, but I just don't see what Mastercraft is charging such a premium for. Both the Nautique 230 and the MXZ 22 feel much more spacious, and the MXZ was pretty much loaded for $85k!

dsc04432k.jpg

Edited by Brett B

I am also surprised Mastercraft is still using a ski pylon that is fixed and does not retract. I have spent a lot of time in the X-15, its a great all around boat, nice wakeboard wake, good surf wake and decent slalom wake. Thanks for sharing the pics, for me, that Supra Worlds takes my favorite looking color scheme and wow does there 242 have a lot space in it!

Here are some pictures I took from the Cinci boat show, had a lot of fun and thought there was a good selection of wake boats there.

Looks like Moomba has made a big jump in quality with the Mojo. Still not a fan of the nose, and from the side it's a clear Malibu ripoff. I was very surprised by the price. It's a nice boat, but not sure why you would spend $62.5k for this Moomba when you could get a very nicely optioned VLX for only about $7k-8k more?

Thanks for posting the pics Brett. It's good to see a show that has a healthy amount of inboards. I went to the cleveland show two weeks ago and only Mastercraft was there. It was just a sea of I/Os and cabin cruisers. My brother lives in Milwaukee and said their show this week had almost all the major ones there... even Tige. One of the only ones that wasn't there was Supreme... which is ironically what he has.

Thanks for posting the pics Brett. It's good to see a show that has a healthy amount of inboards. I went to the cleveland show two weeks ago and only Mastercraft was there. It was just a sea of I/Os and cabin cruisers. My brother lives in Milwaukee and said their show this week had almost all the major ones there... even Tige. One of the only ones that wasn't there was Supreme... which is ironically what he has.

Hey Troy! There were tons of I/O's, pontoons, and fishing boats there too, but obviously I only took pictures of the "good" boats. I thought the wake boats made a pretty good showing and the No Wake booth was packed. I heard they sold their white A22 Vandall during the show as well.

So which one are you buying Brett? Did you get a chance to talk to Adam Wensink at the Nautique booth?

Hi Mike! Hannah liked the Nautique 210 the best, but only because it was mostly white. :) Very sharp boat but a bit out of my price range right now. I want that hydroplane but I don't think you can wakeboard behind it...

We talked to Adam quite a bit, he is a super nice guy, he said he knew you as well. What are you getting this year? Aaron and I were talking about it a bit, I think a 23 vRide sounds like it's right up your alley. Manual switches, a great wakeboard wake, and should spit out the monster surf wave you are looking for. :thumbup:

Edited by Brett B

I am also surprised Mastercraft is still using a ski pylon that is fixed and does not retract. I have spent a lot of time in the X-15, its a great all around boat, nice wakeboard wake, good surf wake and decent slalom wake. Thanks for sharing the pics, for me, that Supra Worlds takes my favorite looking color scheme and wow does there 242 have a lot space in it!

The pylon on my 2006 was removable. I did remove it in the colder times, when I knew I would not be tubing from it. I like the Malibu much better, just twist and drop and it is out of sight.

We were at the show Saturday night. As usual we were at the No Wake booth most of the time.

Did anyone notice that Moomba had a tower that was dead on an Illusion?

I thought the Mastercraft towers were hideous. I've looked at them at the dealer and now at the show. Do we really need power fold towers?

I thought the 200 Sport Nautique was something I'd like but the VTX still looked better to me.

The Txi was beautiful. Of course I'm partial to yellow.

Hi Mike! Hannah liked the Nautique 210 the best, but only because it was mostly white. :) Very sharp boat but a bit out of my price range right now. I want that hydroplane but I don't think you can wakeboard behind it...

We talked to Adam quite a bit, he is a super nice guy, he said he knew you as well. What are you getting this year? Aaron and I were talking about it a bit, I think a 23 vRide sounds like it's right up your alley. Manual switches, a great wakeboard wake, and should spit out the monster surf wave you are looking for. :thumbup:

I'm still a little unsure of what I'm getting at this point. If I don't get a chance to order again Skiers Pier has a nice 23LSV that might be up my alley. I'm glad you got a chance to talk to Adam he is a super cool dude. You should consider a SANTE 230 and steal his from him at the end of this season. His 230 last year was pretty sick and he wouldn't give us any details but it sounds like the one this year will be even better. I can't wait to get back together with you guys on the water. Hopefully soon!

Yep, we noticed that too.

I'm still a little unsure of what I'm getting at this point. If I don't get a chance to order again Skiers Pier has a nice 23LSV that might be up my alley. I'm glad you got a chance to talk to Adam he is a super cool dude. You should consider a SANTE 230 and steal his from him at the end of this season. His 230 last year was pretty sick and he wouldn't give us any details but it sounds like the one this year will be even better. I can't wait to get back together with you guys on the water. Hopefully soon!

Grigg's has a 22 foot limit, so no 23 footers for me unfortunately. We can't wait to hit to water together again too. The Skiers Pier boat looks nice, DO IT! :thumbup:

Edited: That tower does look like an Illusion wannabe. Supreme actually uses the Illusion tower now. I think the contract expired or something with Malibu, so they let it go, and a few lesser brands ( :crazy: ) picked it up. It generally is a functional tower and has few issues, so it seems like a good move for them.

item-2012-supreme-v226-surf-se-1753_lg.jpg

Edited by TallRedRider

Grigg's has a 22 foot limit, so no 23 footers for me unfortunately. We can't wait to hit to water together again too. The Skiers Pier boat looks nice, DO IT! :thumbup:

Does it? I've never seen that posted anywhere when we boated there (now boat at O'Shaughnessy since we live closer to there).

Does it? I've never seen that posted anywhere when we boated there (now boat at O'Shaughnessy since we live closer to there).

It's not posted anywhere at the Griggs or O'Shaughnessy ramps, it's on the City's Parks and Rec website. Some people have had 23 ft boats out there but taken the decals off and gotten away with it. But if you ever get caught once, you're screwed. It's a pretty tight knit community of wakeboarders out there, and the river police know the boats that are out there all the time (they actually cheer us on sometimes!! haha) so they'll know if you're breaking the rules.

It's not posted anywhere at the Griggs or O'Shaughnessy ramps, it's on the City's Parks and Rec website. Some people have had 23 ft boats out there but taken the decals off and gotten away with it. But if you ever get caught once, you're screwed. It's a pretty tight knit community of wakeboarders out there, and the river police know the boats that are out there all the time (they actually cheer us on sometimes!! haha) so they'll know if you're breaking the rules.

I just checked out their website - you are right for sure. 22' length, 40 MPH speed limit (looks like I've broken that a number of times). Boat docks are cheaper than I thought they would be ($550) but I only live 3 minutes from the O'Shaughnessy boat ramp and we are good at getting the boat in/out of the water so I'm not even tempted (plus it's a lot harder on the boat leaving it in the water). This stuff should be posted on the ramps though. It's also funny the tube and lake lice ban is listed at the ramp but not on the website. Central Ohio government at its finest.

Looks like no 247 in my future...I'm sure a 23' with the badges pulled would work just find. Or just an MXZ - someone want to give me a bunch of money? :)