Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 Sunscape?

topshelfbv

I am looking at getting an 05 23' sunscape lsv any one out there like this boat? I want to put after market ballast in it as I will be doing a fair share of surfing. Any thoughts or opinions?

Have no specific experience with an 05 23, but the general principles generally hold true:

1) The bigger the boat, the bigger the wake's potential

2) The bigger the boat, the more weight needed to reach potential

3) It's hard to have a bad time on any Malibu. If you like the condition for the price, get it and have fun.

I am looking at getting an 05 23' sunscape lsv any one out there like this boat? I want to put after market ballast in it as I will be doing a fair share of surfing. Any thoughts or opinions?

You'll just need to add weight. Play around with you like but something configured similar to a 750-1k lbs on the surf side rear compartment, 400-500lbs in the cabin area and up front. How much to deviate from that is dependent upon how much human weight you have on board. This boat can put out a very nice surf wave...

I just sold my 2005 21 lsv about 6 months ago. I loved that boat, I love my new boat more. The layout on the boat is very nice with plenty of storage. Plenty of storage also means plenty of room for ballast. We put 750's in the back with 400 up front, and the wedge down. We surfed with no problems. Go for it as long as the boat is in good shape.