Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Install Bow Speakers?

wakebrdr94

Really simple job. If you reach in the combing pocket you should feel where the speaker cutout is and is covered in vinyl. Cut out that vinyl and install the speakers. Some small pilot holes for the screws will make the install easier.

• 2 weeks later...

The bow speakers should be pre-wired as well. The harnesses should be wire-tied right in the area of the pre-cut hole behind the vinyl. What speakers are in your boat? If they are the black Rockford 6.5", I have 2 pair out of a 2011 VLX that are looking for a good home. The boat had about 15 hrs when we pulled them.

The bow speakers should be pre-wired as well. The harnesses should be wire-tied right in the area of the pre-cut hole behind the vinyl. What speakers are in your boat? If they are the black Rockford 6.5", I have 2 pair out of a 2011 VLX that are looking for a good home. The boat had about 15 hrs when we pulled them.

pm sent....I need a pair (speakers that is :)

• 7 months later...

I bought rockford speakers for the rear lounge and I want to know if the boat is pre-wired to that location. I got a 12" sub also, is the panel under the steering wheel pre wired? Thanks

I bought rockford speakers for the rear lounge and I want to know if the boat is pre-wired to that location. I got a 12" sub also, is the panel under the steering wheel pre wired? Thanks

If its a factory location, then im 99% the speaker wires are there and zip=tied up. Im not sure about the sub being pre-wired or not, but you will most likely need to build a custom enclosure. I do not recall that model coming with the subwoofer enclosure in place if the sub option was not ordered. The enclosure would need to be based off your particular woofer's specs.

No need for Savva149 to rewire for the in-boats on his 2010 VLX. Malibu used 14ga tinned marine grade wire. It will handle more wattage then the speakers will. The pre-wire should already be tied in parallel to the other main cabin pair, which is ideal when power 3 pair off of a 4 chnl amp. If the sub is pre-wired, i'll bet its 12ga.

• Like 1

I have a 06 Vride it doesn't. We use the old VLX I don't think it came on the VLX till 05 so it should be on 05 and up VLX and 09 and up Vride.

I made a fiberglass panel (that's covered in matching carpet) that holds the speaker, cupholders and a hidden LED light. I had to run new 12ga wire.

post-1873-0-78164500-1347668385_thumb.jp

post-1873-0-89157700-1347668452_thumb.jp

Edited by scfdfireman
  • Like 1
  • 10 months later...