Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A 2008 Vlx Weighs...

skurfer

5,480 lbs! Sitting on a tandem 2008 Extreme Trailer. Gas tank near empty, no gear in the boat. Weighed her at a scale today. I found this shocking.

My guess was 3,600 lbs for the boat + 1,200 lbs for the trailer = 4,800 lbs total. Thought you guys might want to know. Hopefully this might

help when people plan to purchase a vehicle. A 08 VLX without gear is clearly over 5,000 lb towing capacity!

Holy crap, no wonder why my last tow vehicle trany gave out. I tow it to the ramp 2 miles from my house loaded with coolers, gear and 6 or 8 people, that would be way over towing capacity. BTW is that 21 or 23 feet on the VLX? For now on I pull up the ramp in low gear.

holy cow! I always went by the Malibu website that says 3700lb for boat and 1200 for trailer, but I was always skeptical of those numbers. I guess I don't understand what exactly is meant by dry weight.

BTW, gas is approximately 7lb per gallon. My 2011 VLX has 50 gallon tank - add another 350lbs and probably another 100lbs for gear. The total weight quckly climbs up to around 6000lbs!!

I have my 2007 VLX over 7k when loaded up for a week long houseboat trip. Stuff adds up quick....glad my new rig has a 100k mile warranty on the transmission!