Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fulton Trailer Jack

FlatH20

we've got our system down when we hit up the lake, I back the truck into the driveway, open the garage, drop the tower push the boat out lift the tower and hitch it up to trailer - about a 5 minute operation - my wife has expressed concern about the trailer jack looking like it's about to fail and dump the trailer tongue on the driveway - so far no issues, I was thumbing through the Overton's catalog and ran across the Fulton double wheeled trailer Jack - does anyone have this? and if so how does it work ?

for me the real work on the trailer is sticking the boat back into the garage - typically I can line up the boat trailer pretty well to the garage with the truck, occaisionally I have to adjust the alignment manually when I'm pushing the trailer back into it's spot in the garage. I noticed an MC at the boat show a couple weeks back had the double wheeled trailer jack- looked pretty decent, just wondering how it actually works

FWIW - I've got the double axle Extreme

thanks in advance

I have the double wheeled jack and absolutely love it. Super smooth and really sturdy. It telescopes out farther than some jacks I've seen. If you have a vehicle that's lifted or high in the rear end it will reach no problem under most circumstances. You definitely won't be disappointed.

I have one on my '10 BM DA trailer. A lot better than the single wheel version BM uses. It did need to be cleaned up internally after I got it. The boat came from Lubbock, TX and the wind and grit kind of fouled the internal screw for the jack, easy job though. On a SA trailer with a lighter boat the double wheel would be noticebly easier to push around, but on my LSV even in my garage with a level floor it is a chore. My Armor coat floor causes the Fulton wheels to slide instead of roll on it most of the time. Overall it is a lot easier to crank up and down which I would upgrade to if I didn't already have it.

Ive got the single fat wheel fulton on my extreme trailer and like it.

Over Christmas break I was wondering around Active Water Sports and started talking to one of the guys there about upgrading my trailer jack. I mentioned the dual wheel Fulton and his reply was they always go with the single fatter wheel. He said they have seen the dual wheel setup show some weakness around the wheel axles with the wheels kind of spreading out. YMMV.

We made a 4x4" and 2x4" wooden box with heavy duty casters on it (essentially a 4 wheel dolly) for putting under the tounge to move it around and its way more stable and easy to move than a tongue jack. Get casters from Harbour Freight and some spare wood and used 7" & 6" 3/8" lags to put it together. Takes stress off tongue jack and way easier to move around.

I have the dual wheel jack. I actually have 1 & 3/4 of them. The jack didn't lock in the up position when I left on our long road trip to Idaho last summer. The jack swung around and the handle must have hit the road because it was gone at the first gas stop. Had to replace the jack in order to unhook the trailer from the boat. I called a lot of places between California and North Idaho on the trip and the few places that carried them must have realized how badly I needed one as they were really expensive. Finally got one at West Marine in Spokane for a pretty good price. Couldn't find just the handle so I have a new unit. The old one is in perfect shape minus the handle. Still can't figure how it came out without damaging any of the rest of the unit.

The jack is really sturdy and easy to crank the trailer up.