Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cool New Product Just Out!

Wakesetter67

Hey just saw this on Wake World, Looks like I might have to add another to my list of Must Haves...its a love hate relationship with this company, Love it when they come out with cool stuff, and my Wife hates it..... http://www.wakeworld...th-airpuck.html

Edited by Wakesetter67

This unit is going to be awesome. I had the chance to use the prototype this summer in a friends boat.. It's super nice. The knobs are large and easy to use. The demo didn't have the bluetooth puck so I'll have to get more info on that. I'm looking forward to getting one.

This unit is going to be awesome. I had the chance to use the prototype this summer in a friends boat.. It's super nice. The knobs are large and easy to use. The demo didn't have the bluetooth puck so I'll have to get more info on that. I'm looking forward to getting one.

I have the Clarion one , and it is hard to turn the knobs especially with wet hands or sun lotion on them..Hopefully I can try one of theses... Edited by Wakesetter67

Aside from the big knobs, is this a basic four band eq with "cabin" and "tower" instead of "front" and "rear"? I like the idea of big knobs.

On the bluetooth unit, why rechargeable, I wonder, especially if the battery only lasts 8 hours? Wonder if they'll have an option to hardwire? Is this something that exile envisions people taking with them to their cars, work, etc?

The ability to turn the bluetooth dongle into a broadcast unit for linkups is kindof cool. Am I understanding that a single puck used as a transmitter would be able to pair with multiple pucks as receivers (unlike, say, my phone, which will only broadcast via a2dp to one receiver at a time)?

I have the Clarion one , and it is hard to turn the knobs especially with wet hands or sun lotion on them..Hopefully I can try one of theses...

I was thinking of getting the Clarion. Maybe not if the knobs are slippery (insert joke here).

Curious of price of the ZLD and Air Puck.

I was thinking of getting the Clarion. Maybe not if the knobs are slippery (insert joke here).

Curious of price of the ZLD and Air Puck.

I will Call and check today, I just might have a clarion for sale, ( Slippery Knobs Not Included )

I've been using this Zone Controller for a year now and I like everything about it, good piece. It's quiet and has a ton of preamp voltage. This unit has one input (with an Aux) and 3 outputs. This is really geared to be a zone controller with a line driver, it has very basic yet targeted EQ functions for a reason. I like the fact it has separate sub control on it. I have not used the bluetooth puck though but look forward to it. Should make for interesting boat linking.

Edited by Bobby Light

Yes ,this does look very interesting. I like the cabin to tower fade and then one master volume control.

Does the master control the sub target volume? and then then the sub level control knob can be used to lower the sub or make it even louder above master control settings?

So to make sure I understand the wiring and to dumb it down for me, I would run 1 rca out from head unit to this device, it would then split signal 3 ways for incabin, tower and sub amps? You would also then have option of overriding the headunit input for the AUX input on the ZLD. The bluetooth airpuck would either connect via wire to my headunit or the ZLD as the AUX input and my iphone would stream to the airpuck. What is the micro USB charger for (the airpuck's power supply)?

Edited by augie09

Yes ,this does look very interesting. I like the cabin to tower fade and then one master volume control.

Does the master control the sub target volume? and then then the sub level control knob can be used to lower the sub or make it even louder above master control settings?

So to make sure I understand the wiring and to dumb it down for me, I would run 1 rca out from head unit to this device, it would then split signal 3 ways for incabin, tower and sub amps? You would also then have option of overriding the headunit input for the AUX input on the ZLD. The bluetooth airpuck would either connect via wire to my headunit or the ZLD as the AUX input and my iphone would stream to the airpuck. What is the micro USB charger for (the airpuck's power supply)?

Augie- The master volume will increase the sub volume as well to your predetermined setting which can be adjusted up or down or even off depending on your needs, this ie totally independent of the rest of the system. Yes you would run one set of rca cables from your deck to the zone co.troller then three separate rca cables to your three zones on the boat. There is also an aux input on the back with the switch on the front, this will bypass your main headunit so you can use your ipod or that Bluetooth puck. The puck will recieve Bluetooth signal from your phone or brodcast it to others. There is a switch to send or recieve signal. Yes that micro jab is for power supply. This is the way I understand this thing, haven't used one yet though.

That's the only part I don't necessarily understand... Why only 1 set of RCAs in? Completely kills your fade or balance from the HU, in addition to the sub on/off. Most HUs have 3 sets of RCAs out now, especially with the black boxes. 3 sets RCAs in would have been nice.

Just an FYI in regards to the AirPuck micro-usb port. In my experience of other similar devices you can actually put a permanent micro-usb to standard usb to a usb cigarette lighter adapter / or an integrated micr / 12-volt cigarette adapter and always have power without regard to the battery. Looks cool though. As for the quality I have the Sony DSX-300BTX and have my iPhone connected via bluetooth to the HU and haven't seen any issue with quality of sound. I am too weary of wireless for the source but it works pretty well. My only problem is I keep changing songs from the phone and have it in the sun and near the water !!! AH !

Need to work on my playlists...

Claudio

That's the only part I don't necessarily understand... Why only 1 set of RCAs in? Completely kills your fade or balance from the HU, in addition to the sub on/off. Most HUs have 3 sets of RCAs out now, especially with the black boxes. 3 sets RCAs in would have been nice.

Who needs fade or balance from the headunit, that's what this zone controller is for. If a guy still wants to dinker with the HU and mess with the fader and balance then a zone controller isn't in their needs list. There is absolutely NO need for 3 inputs on this particular unit, if a guy was simply running a line driver alone then 3 input/outputs would be necessary.

Been There It's just to strong an erge to wont more...LOL

I guess I can't talk too much I have put my name on the list for the new goods and will be swapping my cabins for Exiles shortly.

Bobby- I will probably ask for your tuning expertise in the spring if you're not locked down with the little one :biggrin:

I guess I can't talk too much I have put my name on the list for the new goods and will be swapping my cabins for Exiles shortly.

Bobby- I will probably ask for your tuning expertise in the spring if you're not locked down with the little one :biggrin:

Gotcha covered buddy, just another reason for a surf session :surfing:

Not trying to start the WS vs. Exile contest, but does this have microphone capability like the WS-420? I use this feature quite often when teaching people to wakeboard, surf, kneeboard, etc..... and appears this is the Exile version of the WS-420? I like how large the volume knobs are on the Exile component, but I do like how the WS-420 has one volume control knob/ring for either tower speaker or boat speaker/sub woofer.

Not trying to start the WS vs. Exile contest, but does this have microphone capability like the WS-420? I use this feature quite often when teaching people to wakeboard, surf, kneeboard, etc..... and appears this is the Exile version of the WS-420? I like how large the volume knobs are on the Exile component, but I do like how the WS-420 has one volume control knob/ring for either tower speaker or boat speaker/sub woofer.

There is no comparing this unit to a 420, its not a 420 wannabe. It's serving a different function all together. No Mic on this unit and certainly don't think that's a downfall in any way shape or form.