Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inland Surfer

old skool malibu

You buying another Board? Ron has a Flyboy that I would like to test out this spring. I think those are 2 completely different styles...

Yes surf and skim. Not sure I want a surf style..but may want to give it a try. We will see I am not sure my thoughts on my new Danielo Carbon Pro. I hear good things about the Pro Model Inland Skim Style Board..

We are in the market for a SurfSkim board this year as well. What do you like or not like about your Danielo Carbon Pro? That was one of the boards on the top of our list. Problem is,around here ya just can't try them out as we have no good shops so we are left to try to borrow others boards ect... to find one you really like ect... Was thinkin of giving the Phase 5 boards a try. Have only riden a older Trident once but liked it. Just curious why the interest in switching to IS board? (We have 2 IS boards and very happy, so I'm not anti IS in any way)

I have had two IS boards as well. The Yelllow Loogey and Black Pearl. I reallyl liked the Black Pearl it was super easy to kick out and to slides on. I do like the Carbon Pro..it has a lot of down the line speed and is stable..almost too stable compared to the Black Pearl. I just got it at the end of the year and rode it a few times and didnt instantly feel the love for it. I am sure it will come with more rides this year but I may demo one of the Inlands and if it feels better make the switch or just get a second board.

We rode a black pearl last season as well for a week at Lk Norris, riders weight range 120-180,avg to well above avg skill levels, we really liked it as well but did pearl some but like you said easy to spin ect...but needed some pumping to stay in good with the wave if ya got back some behind sweet spot, down line speed could have been better thats why a guy at a shop down there recommended the Phase 5 boards to try.Was super fun ride tho. Our IS Swallow is super fast,slasher and you can catch back up in wave easy with little pumps,but spins ect.. are a challenge but can be done. Good to hear you can demo some,as mentioned we don't have that option in my area. Trying to make connections to ride more boards via swapping ect... If you decide to sell ect... let me know as we are in the market and all options open.

I've been scouring the web all winter, and am between the IS Flyboy and the Keegan Skim as well. So hard to know what style (surf or skim) I'll enjoy more when there are no local shops to try surf boards out. Shops here only carry the big wakeboard brands, and I'd love a way to try IS, ShredStixx, etc.

Any/all info on these boards or others is welcome!

I have the original handmade/custom FlyBoy. It is awesome! I ride surf style and it is the best board I have been on. Better than TWP F-18, Signature, XXX Slasher, etc.

The XXX Slasher comes close, but the Flyboy has it beat. Having said that. I haven't been on an IS Flyboy. My guess is that it's not quite as good as mine. That would make

XXX Slasher a great value!

Edited by skurfer

I have a Keenan, I bought..I love it, but I am a Surf Style rider...I am selling it.... I have ridden the Flyboy as well as a new Flyboy prototype...Both board took some time getting used to, I like them. But I am settling in on the Sweet Spot Pro..Rode that at Worlds for few and I really loved it!...I have one on order.

Matthew

I have the IS Flyboy and it is really fun to ride. I would not purchase it if you are tall though. I am 5'10 and had to narrow my stance from what I was used to on a Shred Stixx board. Any taller and my stance would probably be too narrow for a surf style board.

I have the IS Flyboy and it is really fun to ride. I would not purchase it if you are tall though. I am 5'10 and had to narrow my stance from what I was used to on a Shred Stixx board. Any taller and my stance would probably be too narrow for a surf style board.

Dreamer - what Shred Stixx board did you used to ride? What made you switch to the Fly Boy? Pros/Cons for each?

thanks!

Anyone have any feedback on the James walker "Flyboy" Surf Style Wakesurfer http://www.inlandsurfer.com/boards/flyboy.htm or the 4-Skim "Keenan" Pro Model Skim Style http://www.inlandsurfer.com/boards/keenan.htm

Have you checked out his facebook page....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flyboy-Wakesurfing/365575421698

I think from there you can get to his blog/website, there was a long vid of him & IS guy.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Keenan, I bought..I love it, but I am a Surf Style rider...I am selling it.... I have ridden the Flyboy as well as a new Flyboy prototype...Both board took some time getting used to, I like them. But I am settling in on the Sweet Spot Pro..Rode that at Worlds for few and I really loved it!...I have one on order.

Matthew

[/quote)

How much are you selling your Keenan for?

What is the best IS board if you have an 08 Vride and you are a beginner-intermediate? The 08 has 900 ballast plus wedge and soon will have 400 pounds or so in the bow. 3-8 people in the boat