Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1994 19.5 Malibu Echelon

Dodgerjunkie

Hey guys, alright I have a second boat to discuss. If you guys could give me some info I would appreciate it. Boat looks extremely clean. I will mostly be pulling tubes/wakeboarding and maybe kneeboarding. I was looking at an 87 Malibu skier but this looks so much cleaner and more of what I'm looming for. Link is below.. Thanks guys

Nate

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/2809359093.html

Um....that's not an Echelon. It's a Skier with the square windshield. :unsure:

If you can ask some detailed info from the seller about actual year and model, see what the responses are. It does look like a nice boat, but if I stuck that kind of work into something I'd for sure know the proper model.

It's also pretty darn cheap.

(scam)

Plenty of closed bow Echelons out there.

My point was that ad is probably a scam with all that work done, a really cheap price, and they don't even know what model of boat it is--the Skier pictures was discontinued after 1993. Also, inlandempire seems to attract a lot of scammers.

I'd ask questions and see what the initial reply is. My bet is an offer to ship it to you with no payment until you inspect it. ICBW. :dontknow:

Edited by jk13

Talked to the guy, seemed legit. Offered for me to come down anytime and we could start it up and such. Explained to me about the custom tower, all the things he had done. I feel good about it not being a scam. So this boat for the price would be a good deal? This would be my first Malibu. Used to own a 97 sea ray I/O. Just still not sure about the closed bow. My old boat was open and I loved it

Well that's good. As far as price he's probably stuck at least half that much into it if everything he says is true, so if the floor, stringers, gel coat, and trailer are good it's definitely a decent deal.

Make sure you water test it with all the aftermarket engine parts, check cold start, hot start, idle, and performance.

Be aware for NADA or similar values that you are looking at a 1993 Malibu Skier, not a 1994 Echelon.

Good luck.

Edited by jk13

According to our Resources section (link at top right of this page), the last year for the Skier was 1993:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/specs.html

It's not in the 94 brochure or in the specifications.

Edit: Although it might have been built late enough in the build season to have a 94 HIN and be considered a 94, anything is possible.

Edited by jk13