Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Disappointed Me

a92harley92

I went to the boat Show here in Kansas City on Saturday and saw a lot of boats. Guess who didn't show up? MALIBU! Nope... not a one! Pretty much everyone else (that I can think of) was represented. The local Malibu dealer (who took up a very large area of the show) didn't have one Malibu there. They did have an Axis (or two)... I can't remember.

Heck the Tige' dealership from 3 hours away not only had boats there... Tige' themselves had one of their lead designers there.

I would've thought that Malibu would make sure that they are represented at any large Boat Show. Apparently Malibu sold enough boats last year, they don't need a presence at the boat show.

Pitiful. :lame:

Did you walk up to the Bu dealer and ask why he didn't have any boats there? Could be a simple reason. If the question was not asked then there is no sense in even making this a discussion topic. :closed:

No boat show at all in Phoenix. No Malibu, Mastercraft or Nautique at the boat show here in Spokane. It's not because of the manufacturer, it's the local dealerships that decide that. The economy isn't as good as it's been in years past. And toys are taking a hit in a big way.

I was there with a92harley92 and we did ask the local dealership about Malibu. The local dealer is Marine Max and he said that they are such a large corporation that corporate dictated what he took to the show, and it included ony one Axis :( . As said earlier, they had one of the larger displays of any dealers at the show, but certainly didn't focus on inboards.

Tige' had a huge presence and I really enjoyed talking with them. There were also several Natiques and Moomba's at the show. I don't believe I saw any Mastercrafts or Supra's though.

Malibu had a great showing at Nashville boat show. More people there than an the MC and nautique setup.

Our Mailbu dealer in Cincinnati just picked up Nautique as a second brand... :Doh:

Both were shown at our boat show, but Malibu had a much better presentation.

Our Mailbu dealer in Cincinnati just picked up Nautique as a second brand... :Doh:

Both were shown at our boat show, but Malibu had a much better presentation.

How was the show? My wife and I plan on going this Saturday. I went there 3-4 years ago and it was excellent.

How was the show? My wife and I plan on going this Saturday. I went there 3-4 years ago and it was excellent.

It was a pretty good show. All the major inboards are represented very well (MC, Malibu, Nautique, Supra, Moomba). There were some great deals from Wake Nation on 2011 equipment!

No Wake Marine is showed the MXZ, 23LSV, 247, VLX, VRide, Response, A22, A20, and VTX. Along with 4 Nautiques (SAN 230, SAN 210, AN 210, and one other I can't remember.

My wife was looking for some standard boating items that weren't available there which left her disappointed, but overall the show had a little bit of everything. I ended up going both Saturday night and Sunday morning.

I missed this years show at Cleveland for the second year in a row. It's been scaled back so far, that it became a little too routine.

Anyway, I wonder how ski boat sales are the last year or two? I've seen a few new Malibu's at my lake, so hopefully sales are slowly starting to pick up.

Steve B.

I missed this years show at Cleveland for the second year in a row. It's been scaled back so far, that it became a little too routine.

Anyway, I wonder how ski boat sales are the last year or two? I've seen a few new Malibu's at my lake, so hopefully sales are slowly starting to pick up.

Steve B.

Steve I was shocked to see some of the pricing on some of the malibu boats at the show. A22 vandall editiion for $44K, VLX was $50K.

The SAN 230 was priced at $84K. Two years ago this same boat was over $100K

The only boats I thought that went up were MasterCraft. Man those things are pricey. $68K for an X-2!

Overall I think most ski boat makers understand that their pricing needed to be tamed a bit.

Also went to show with hethj and a92harleya92, It was a definite disappointment to not see malibu's at the show. Not to thrilled with the 'new' malibu dealer here in KC. And to be frank, when it comes time to get a new 'bu in many years down the road, I'll probably go with a dealer 3 hours away over the local option, unless they change their ways. I've had other dealings with marinemax as well as heard some stories and all resonate with 'well, they're corporate and that's how it is'. Dare I say I may even switch brands.

Steve I was shocked to see some of the pricing on some of the malibu boats at the show. A22 vandall editiion for $44K, VLX was $50K.

The SAN 230 was priced at $84K. Two years ago this same boat was over $100K

The only boats I thought that went up were MasterCraft. Man those things are pricey. $68K for an X-2!

Overall I think most ski boat makers understand that their pricing needed to be tamed a bit.

It seems Axis got more expensive, could be wrong though.

I don't want to brand hate, but after seeing the new nautiques, I dont' know why anyone would buy them, except pro riders that only care about wake. The cabin was shallow, seats were small and short, tower+bimini was maybe 5'6" high. Tiny boat, and that was the super air 230.

Is this a typo? I looked at that white A22 Vandall in person at the dealership and they were asking ~$60k for it. I have also demo'ed the blue/white 2012 VLX they have at the show now and it is priced in the low $70's. Even the VTX they had at last years show was in the low-mid $60's.

Edited by Brett B

Is this a typo? I looked at that white A22 Vandall in person at the dealership and they were asking ~$60k for it. I have also demo'ed the blue/white 2012 VLX they have at the show now and it is priced in the low $70's. Even the VTX they had at last years show was in the low-mid $60's.

I thought the vandall was 55K at the Kc boat show, only promo was a free wedge, lol.

Not a typo. $44K loaded with wet sounds speakers throughout the boat and on the tower. I couldn't believe the price at first either.

Not a typo. $44K loaded with wet sounds speakers throughout the boat and on the tower. I couldn't believe the price at first either.

And you are saying that they are also selling this VLX for $50k?

Edit: Was there a posted price tag or did some individual tell you that was the price?

VP2336144_1_large.jpg

Edited by Brett B

There were price tags next to every boat that No Wake Marine had on the floor. I didn't even think to take pictures while I was there. I'm sure this is a boat show price, but still...

And yes, that is the VLX that was for sale there.

Looks like Brett B. is going to go buy himself a boat!!!! :whistle:

If they were seriously selling that boat for $50k, which over a $20k discount from the last price I was given for it, I would drive down and buy it tonight!

I just spoke with Zach at NoWake, there is a bit of confusion regarding the prices posted by the boats. That ~$50k price is the base price of what a VLX without any options (no stereo, no wedge, no maliview, etc) could be ordered for. The actual price of the optioned up VLX they have there at the show was listed further down the page, and is in the low-mid $70’s for the specific boat pictured.

Same is true for that $44k price for the A22, that is what a no-option A22 could be ordered for. That is unfortunately not how much their loaded Vandall with full Wetsounds costs, even with boat show discounts.

Edited by Brett B

My purchase order from www.mninboard.com has a base price for a 2012 vlx at $59,610.

After the wedge, trailer, maliview and color plus little extras I'm at $73,970

Edited by LJboater

i can't wait for the LA boat show.

the watersports scene is there in force, but i'm always way more excited to check out the powerboats.

Anything would be an improvement over last year. It was like 1/3rd the size of past LA shows.

If they were seriously selling that boat for $50k, which over a $20k discount from the last price I was given for it, I would drive down and buy it tonight!

I just spoke with Zach at NoWake, there is a bit of confusion regarding the prices posted by the boats. That ~$50k price is the base price of what a VLX without any options (no stereo, no wedge, no maliview, etc) could be ordered for. The actual price of the optioned up VLX they have there at the show was listed further down the page, and is in the low-mid $70’s for the specific boat pictured.

Same is true for that $44k price for the A22, that is what a no-option A22 could be ordered for. That is unfortunately not how much their loaded Vandall with full Wetsounds costs, even with boat show discounts.

Wow... That is incredibly misleading. Sorry Guys!