Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 6V Battery's..

Wakesetter67

Just ordered my Interstate 2400 6v Golf Cart Batteries...This should be a big improvement over my 2 Group 29 Deep cycle 12 v Batts, Thanks to the guys on the crew ( Bobby Light ) For the advice, Thats why I love this forum!!! The extra reserves should help me with my Volume always Cranked addiction!!!

Where are you going to put those big boys? Did you do 2 or 4

right now i'm going with 2, and a smaller separate battery for the boat, they should just fit in the ski locker, If i did 4 i think that would be tight fit, But 2 of them should be a huge up grade form what I had, The way i have it now did all right but towards the end of a long weekend and constant play, the 2 group 29's just could not keep up, And not being able to plug in for my on board charger made it tough, These have 261 AH each, Should be more then enough!!! But we can always add more,

Vince,

Keep in mind that seriesed batteries do not sum in amp/hours as paralleled batteries do. So you have increased your capacity by as much as one-third. The issue with the two prior group 29s may have had less to do with the initial capacity and more to do with the diminished capacity over time. So try and work out something on the shore power charging if possible to keep these new batteries healthy and performing close to spec much longer.

David

Vince,

Keep in mind that seriesed batteries do not sum in amp/hours as paralleled batteries do. So you have increased your capacity by as much as one-third. The issue with the two prior group 29s may have had less to do with the initial capacity and more to do with the diminished capacity over time. So try and work out something on the shore power charging if possible to keep these new batteries healthy and performing close to spec much longer.

David

Good point, I just might have to pull the boat out when we camp and plug it in to our site, That should help on the long weekends or Camping vacations, We usually camp with full hookups, So Power wont be an issue, On normal day trips its fine, I have a really good on board charger...Just need power to it!! Edited by Wakesetter67

Vince,

Sometimes on those really long weekends with no shore power available you have to burn some time without the stereo playing (I know, its unthinkable) in order to give the alternator a chance to restore the batteries.

Deep cycle batteries will accept an inordinate number of discharge/recharge cycles. However, discharging even deep cycle batteries too deeply with far less repetition will soon begin to show as diminished capacity.

David

Vince,

Sometimes on those really long weekends with no shore power available you have to burn some time without the stereo playing (I know, its unthinkable) in order to give the alternator a chance to restore the batteries.

Deep cycle batteries will accept an inordinate number of discharge/recharge cycles. However, discharging even deep cycle batteries too deeply with far less repetition will soon begin to show as diminished capacity.

David

Say it isn't so...LOL We have done that, ( when the wife brings the Yorkies along ) And that has helped, I just noticed that they don't last as long as they used to, Insert Joke Here....I have heard great things about the Golf Cart Batts, So we will give theses a try,

Those are beauties.

Now they just need a box to reside in??? Oh wait your on Baby Watch.. No road trips for you, My wife is headed to Gig Harbor on the 10th Of Feb... Edited by Wakesetter67

Now they just need a box to reside in??? Oh wait your on Baby Watch.. No road trips for you, My wife is headed to Gig Harbor on the 10th Of Feb...

Got your box and watering system, I will be down there week of the 10th.

I will be in town, Doing a fund raiser for Wake The world at the Salem Roadster show, Keep in touch..and Bring lots of Baby Pictures!!

BL - can you please post up some pictures of the battery box and the install when completed. My blue tops are officially too used up and I want to see how you put the 6v's in Vince's boat.

BTW - congrats, sounds like you have recently had or just having a baby.

BL - can you please post up some pictures of the battery box and the install when completed. My blue tops are officially too used up and I want to see how you put the 6v's in Vince's boat.

BTW - congrats, sounds like you have recently had or just having a baby.

Yes, I will post when it's done...& Bobby Boy is having a Baby and should have pic soon...I think it's still cooking though!! I say we all PM him with our address so he can send us all a cigar... Edited by Wakesetter67

Yes, I will post when it's done...& Bobby Boy is having a Baby and should have pic soon...I think it's still cooking though!! I say we all PM him with our address so he can send us all a cigar...

I love it! I have called him every day this week. " Are you a daddy yet?" Im not sure whos more excited. He is going to make an awesome dad.

Thanks tomorrow is the day....

Here's what is going in Vince's boat. It's the battery box on the left. I took it out of my boat when I did the custom box for 4 6v batteries instead of two. Because Vince chooses not to work on his own boat a custom box wasn't necessary and not a good idea for serviceablity reasons. This box along with the ProFill RV battery watering kit will complete the install. The watering kit is the only way to go for 6v batteries, never tried the 12v version.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-converters/dual-battery-box.htm

Thanks tomorrow is the day....

Here's what is going in Vince's boat. It's the battery box on the left. I took it out of my boat when I did the custom box for 4 6v batteries instead of two. Because Vince chooses not to work on his own boat a custom box wasn't necessary and not a good idea for serviceablity reasons. This box along with the ProFill RV battery watering kit will complete the install. The watering kit is the only way to go for 6v batteries, never tried the 12v version.

http://www.pplmotorh...battery-box.htm

Hey Now I did install my shower,,,,& Led Lites For The Record...LOL

I did the same thing in my Fifth Wheel. I'll see this summer if I need to do the same in the boat.

Well If your like me I really torch-er my system, The Exile Gear has stood the test, But The Group 29 did not, I did a lot of research and it looks like the biggest advantage of the 6 v is the ability to take abuse , as in a deep discharge multiple times, Seams the 12 volts don't do as well when that happens, Not to mention the 6 Volts have more capacity.. And if Needed I can add two more later!!!