Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Sunsetter Vlx

oz-snider

hey guys my name is Todd i live in australia, im not new to boats, i have been skiing since i was a kid, i have just bought my second boat but its my first wakeboard boat.

i just picked up a 2000 sunsetter in pretty good condition . i have a few ideas but just wanted your thoughts

it came with a wakeboard tower with board racks and a bimini

i have fitted perfect pass, 3x 550lb ballast bags (2 in the rear lockers and 1 in the ski locker) and from what i have read i should probably add some weight to the bow?

i want to fit a wedge to the boat aswell, is this possible? is it worth it? how much different does it make the wake?

we are in our summer at the moment, but when our winter comes its getting a vinyl wrap and some trim work done.

i fitted some tower speakers and powered them off an amp but when i am riding out the back i can barely hear them? how powerful do you need to go?

My 01 is on a slightly different hull (diamond), but I have found the wedge is a must. I don't like the shape of the wake as well without it. It makes a signficiant difference to the wake as well.

Front weight is also a must. This bag fits very well under the bow seats and will add about 300lbs of weight to the front: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html

i want to fit a wedge to the boat aswell, is this possible? is it worth it? how much different does it make the wake?

Welcome to the crew.

I have the same boat and installed a wedge myself. If you have a "wake" hull, like I do, a wedge does not make much difference in wake size or, shape. Possibly a "floating" wedge would work better. You def. need to add weight to the bow. I put a bunch of lead bags under the very front cushion in the bow.

My 01 is on a slightly different hull (diamond), but I have found the wedge is a must.

On the diamond hull, I totally agree that the wedge is a must. Makes a significant improvement.