Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extending Trailer So Car Doesnt Go In Water Help

malibu.c.c

Problem is i need to put boat in and out after every use,

the ramp that i am launching boat off at atimes has green slippery stuff on and i have seen a car slide all the way back into the water with its trailer and boat on...

so the stuff is really slippery and cant put rear tires on it..

can the trailer be extended 1 meter where it hooks onto the car , so i can get boat on trailer deep enough to launch

just wandering if that extra meter will cause car to lift ..seeing boat is over 1500 lbs and car half that much ..

any help appreciated ,

an any ideas how to best do it .

thks

Problem is i need to put boat in and out after every use,

the ramp that i am launching boat off at times has green slippery stuff on and i have seen a car slide all the way back into the water with its trailer and boat on...

so the stuff is really slippery and cant put rear tires on it..

can the trailer be extended 1 meter where it hooks onto the car , so i can get boat on trailer deep enough to launch

just wandering if that extra meter will cause car to lift ..seeing boat is over 1500 lbs and car half that much ..

any help appreciated ,

an any ideas how to best do it .

You keep saying "car". Are you really towing and launching with a "car"? If so, the best answer would be "get a 4WD truck".

"...seeing boat is over 1500 lbs..." :unsure: The boat is 3500 lbs and the trailer (assuming tandem axle) is ~ 1000 more. So yes, 4500 lbs is definitely more than 1500. :Doh: I kind of doubt that there is a safe way to extend that kind of load another meter back.

If a 4WD truck / full-size SUV is out of the question...I would think that lowering the trailer / lowering the bunks on the trailer could help with your issue if you have the clearances to do so.

...I kind of doubt that there is a safe way to extend that kind of load another meter back...

I stand corrected. Seems like kind of a PITA to stop at the ramp, block the tires so the trailer won't roll, disconnect trailer, extended the tongue thingamajig, reconnect to the tow vehicle....

But if it gets you out on the water... :thumbup:

You need something that has the nuts to pull your boat out of the water and I think that a new tow vehicle might be your best (and safest) option.

:biggrin: