Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Movement In The Hull

VTXSETTER

Hi everyone can anybody tell me why the centre windscreen on my 2009 VTX would fall through the two main screens, I know that the hull has to have a bit of flex but I think it could have to much I can sit on the observers seat put my foot on the side of the dash and push it so the tower starts to make stress noises and the screens move about an inch apart. Has anyone else experienced this if so what was the response from Malibu. Dont get me wrong I love my boat it is just a bit concerning if I can move it with my leg how much does it actually move when it is belting along the water. Look forward to your responses or solutions.

Something isn't right there, I haven't experienced any of those issues under any conditions. There is some minor movement between the windshield but you'll get that on any open bow boat, but it's barely visible and the windshield is nowhere near falling out of it's stowed position. These are just my experiences with my Malibu's, and I've never seen anything like that. I'd say it's something to get checked out.

I'm pulling this out of my but but, it sounds like your boat is missing the metal "U" reinforcement that gets glassed in at the walkway.

:shocked: That sounds painful. :yuk:

Oh, and Pete, you misspelled your butt. :Doh:

:lol:

Hi everyone can anybody tell me why the centre windscreen on my 2009 VTX would fall through the two main screens, I know that the hull has to have a bit of flex but I think it could have to much I can sit on the observers seat put my foot on the side of the dash and push it so the tower starts to make stress noises and the screens move about an inch apart. Has anyone else experienced this if so what was the response from Malibu. Dont get me wrong I love my boat it is just a bit concerning if I can move it with my leg how much does it actually move when it is belting along the water. Look forward to your responses or solutions.

I had an old, open bow Supra that was doing what your are describing and it progressively got worse. I guess the driver's console broke loose from whatever was supposed to support it and it bounced and shook and eventually cracked all along the walkthrough area where the console met the floor. By the time I sold it I could lift up on the whole console about an inch and it was starting to crack down that side of the bow seat. This boat was old though, I wouldn't imagine your boat already "breaking loose" from something. That would be pretty wild if they left the support out all together as Pete suggests!!

Oh, and Pete, you misspelled your butt. :Doh:

Thanks Mike,

I know I can always count on you to correct my spelling. Actually, I really contemplated about how to spell the word "butt".

Anywho.

I don't work for Malibu but, I remember seeing someone post something about the factories installing a metal "U" shaped support piece in the deck section of the boat to prevent the separation or, widening of the windshield at the walk-through flip window. From what I remember, they started adding this in the ~mid 2000s. My boat does not have it and I get a little bit of separation between the flip window and the driver's side windshield frame. It would be imbedded in the glass somewhat like this...

usupport.jpg

Thanks for your replys I'm taking the boat back to Malibu factory in Australia they want to look at it and tell me how they can fix it but from what I know about Malibu's the fix means cutting out the floor and re-glassing the reinforcing brace. If that's the case I am going to tell them I want a new boat . If they refuse that then we will have to go to court. I will let you know how it goes next week.Over here vtx Malibu starts at 79k plus extras mine cost me 95k that's a lot for a repaired boat

Seen it happen on a Mastercraft Maristar. But we were pounding the he|| out of the boat in really rough water. I think the boat was like a 1996. Maybe it didn't have Pete's U but....... :lol:

Hope you can get it resolved one way or another.