Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Slalom V Drive For Around $35K

wakesetter8796

We bought a "fakesetter" without a tower, installed a T3 and plan to do our own ballast system like some of the others. Got a screamin deal on the boat and I would have ended up changing out the ballast on a wakesetter anyway, so WTH.

You can contact Brett at StarOne of you end up looking for a tower. If you want someone in Houston to look at a boat, PM me and I'll take a look at if for you, take pics, etc.

Good luck!

just looked at the Craiglist add:

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/2770092026.html

$35K seems expensive to me, our boat is an '03 23 Sunsetter and we bought it with 140 hours on it for significantly less than $35.

The add does say "MUST SELL", so I guess it depends on how big the "must" is?

Edited by Hammertime

great looking boat but i think that boat is about 10k high. i bought my 2000 23 lsv with 115 hours on it ( the boat looked like it came off the showroom floor) for just over 20k w/trailer. I added titan 1 and redid the stereo and put LEDS all over it. Call brett at star one....great guy and easy and fast to work with. tower is a joke to install also. This would be a good buy i feel like and would suit your needs well

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=31596

good buy at 20-21k range

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=31233

Edited by BG2085

Hey, thanks guys for all the responses! He actually has not said anything to me yet, so I guess I'll just have to see what he says, but I definitely passed the ideas of the Sunscape(unanimous vote) on to him. I am guessing that the Star One runs about $1,200? I think it is the same as the one on the 2001 sunsetter I am selling. The Titan 1, right?

These all look great, I just don't know how far he'd want to go, we are in middle TN, but it would probably depend on how good a deal they are. They all look nice though. One question, what is the difference between the Escape and the Sunscape?

$35K seems expensive to me, our boat is an '03 23 Sunsetter and we bought it with 140 hours on it for significantly less than $35.

Thats the one. He did not seem willing to move off his price at all so I don't know what "must sell" means. thats why I blew it off. At $5K less I would have made time.

Thats the one. He did not seem willing to move off his price at all so I don't know what "must sell" means. thats why I blew it off. At $5K less I would have made time.

I agree, but $30 still seems a little steep to me without looking at it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey, thanks guys for all the responses! He actually has not said anything to me yet, so I guess I'll just have to see what he says, but I definitely passed the ideas of the Sunscape(unanimous vote) on to him. I am guessing that the Star One runs about $1,200? I think it is the same as the one on the 2001 sunsetter I am selling. The Titan 1, right?

titan 1 is about 1200 and i dont think there is a stiffer tower out there.

my rule on buying boats is i will only buy 1 at a price point that if i dont like it....i can sell it quick again at the same or a little higher price. Be patient and look for the right boat. you can get a great boat for 20-30k. i have had the last 3 boats i bought shipped to me which is a little risky but i have had good experiences.

That's crazy, crack head high. We bought our Sunsetter early last summer, with tower, ballast (not integrated), nearly every available option (including the desireable LS1), 330hrs, 1-owner, great shape except a couple small tears in the vinyl, dual axle trailer that had a full brake overhaul just done, for 20k...and I only paid that because it had the LS1 (seller was asking 25k); I might have offered 18k if it had a GEN-I SBC. Purchased locally and Malibus sell for a bit more here than they do in the surrounding states

That boat I might offer 23-24k, only due the hours, but would try for less due to the ugly interior.