Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Prop Advice...1433?

BG2085

want a prop for my 2000 23lsv that gives more hole shot and easier to hold speeds at 18-24. would love to pick up a used 537 or 1235...but have found a 1433 local. any thoughts on the 1433?

Honestly I'd call up the guys at ACME and have them give you a rundown on that 1433 vs the 537 vs the 1235. Then make your choice, they are pretty informative people over there in my experience.

Check the specs, but I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 1433 and the 1235 is diameter. The 1433 is smaller (14" diameter vs. 14.5" on the 1235) and is designed for boats where clearing the propguard is an issue. I've run a 537, OJ Fusion, and 1433 on our current boat. Both Fusion and 1433 have bettter holeshot than the 537 (and are virtually indistinguishable in that respect). In our application, the 1433, with less cup than the fusion, gets closer to the rev limiter at WOT and gives an additional 1 mph or so over the fusion. We run at 2-4k' though, so I'd probably run something different if we were at sea level. At sea level the 537 has at least 4 mph more top end.

What do you have on there now? There's a big difference between a 1433/1235 and a 537. Much more holeshot with the former than the latter.

Edited by shawndoggy

I run the 1433 becuase I got a smokin deal on it. WE run 3000lbs plus the hole shot is great, def holds its speed. Huge difference over the stock prop.

Edited by BaBaLoO

Check w Eric at OJ props. We have been way more pleased with durability with OJ's vs Acme's. Don't get me wrong, performance is great but our OJ's have performed just as well and hold up better. The Acme's get bent real easy just hitting some floating sticks ect.. Never had issues with the OJ doin that is same bodies of water,same debris ect.. (We run in a river alot and your gonna hit some debris occasionaly,had to have two Acme's due to them getting knocked out of whack,not once with an OJ ) JMHO

right now im running the stock 381 which is great top end.....40mph at 4000 (never run harder) but where we spend 90% of our time is really small lakes where top end is useless. the 381 with only 800lbs of ballast is pretty hard to keep speed. im going to make a run at the 1433 and see how i like it...its a price point that it can be used as a spare if i dont like it

The 1433 and 1235 are essentially identical on the boat; without a stop watch and GPS receiver you won't be able to notice the difference between the two. Compared to the 381, either one will be WORLD's better.

Check w Eric at OJ props. We have been way more pleased with durability with OJ's vs Acme's. Don't get me wrong, performance is great but our OJ's have performed just as well and hold up better. The Acme's get bent real easy just hitting some floating sticks ect.. Never had issues with the OJ doin that is same bodies of water,same debris ect.. (We run in a river alot and your gonna hit some debris occasionaly,had to have two Acme's due to them getting knocked out of whack,not once with an OJ ) JMHO

I have to agree... I run on the Columbia River 100% of the time and have run both prop's. The OJ is far superior durability wise when hitting small pieces of debris.