Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dual Battery & Heater Location - Response Lx

ftlbs

Now that most of the lakes here in northern Utah are frozen, it’s time to do some maintenance and upgrades to my '99 Response LX. I’d like to run a Dual Battery setup by adding a second battery, but I’m having a hard time deciding where to mount them. I thought about splitting up the weight and mounting one battery on the passenger side and the other on the driver side, but I don’t want to install a battery in a location best suited for a Heater box to be installed at a later date.

Does anyone know the factory locations for the Dual Batteries and/or the Heater Core/Blower Box in a Response LX? photos would be great :)

Edited by ftlbs

Now that most of the lakes here in northern Utah are frozen, it’s time to do some maintenance and upgrades to my '99 Response LX. I’d like to run a Dual Battery setup by adding a second battery, but I’m having a hard time deciding where to mount them. I thought about splitting up the weight and mounting one battery on the passenger side and the other on the driver side, but I don’t want to install a battery in a location best suited for a Heater box to be installed at a later date.

Does anyone know the factory locations for the Dual Batteries and/or the Heater Core/Blower Box in a Response LX? photos would be great :)

Heater location for 2011 Response Lx is under the dash just left of the steering column.

Heater location for 2011 Response Lx is under the dash just left of the steering column.

Thank you. You wouldn't be willing to send me a pic would you? I'm just curious to see how the factory installed it so I can get some ideas of my own.

Does anyone know where the dual batteries and switch are installed?

Thank you. You wouldn't be willing to send me a pic would you? I'm just curious to see how the factory installed it so I can get some ideas of my own.

Just guessing ftlbs, but, in the storage compartment behind the observer seat? That's where mine is, but in a Sunsetter.

Steve B.

I'll try to get a picture this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...