Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Lights

fedupracer

ok looking to add some underwater lights in a few weeks lets see some pic in and out of the water, also what lights is everone useing and how do you like them! also anyone have pic of red LED underwater lights?

You should know that red is a color that does not transmit as well underwater as white, blue or green.

Grant West and MikeSki did a full test and review on various underwater lights two seasons ago on WakeWorld.

David

i put one of these under about a month ago. have not had it in the water yet but you cannot look at the light out of the water directly....its really bright. i paid $99 shipped a month ago...took about 5 minutes to install. i integrated it into the aft nav light....simple

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Underwater-Boat-lights-LED-Blue-MADE-USA-/280735902591?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item415d29eb7f#ht_1391wt_1396

ill see if i can get a pic

i understand that alot of post on this topic however a 2 year old review is out dated now with all the new products that are on the market thanks for the info!

My lights are 2 yrs old so not much point in posting pics of them again.

But I will say that when we bought them, we thought it would be fun to swim in & around. As it turns out, the fish like them too. So no one is interested in getting in the water when the lights are on. :Doh:

I have been lookin into all my options and found another interesting alternative. www.tnamarine.com Pluglight 500lumens, multiple colors, Sounds well made,spoke to a guy there.

Not quite as bright as I want but cool idea. Easy add on,no holes to drill,just twist it in drain hole and maybe use some high quality waterproof connectors to existing wiiring thats back there and your in business. Also found some I liked at www.aqualeds.com 1250lumens each pod,18 LED's each. (the OEM stuff was 1080lumens for the 9LED Pod) Earmark has some great products I have interest in as well.Decisions,decisions,, I also have a post in this category,Tower and Swim deck lighting, a little feedback on there to. Youtube also has some vids ect.. that are interesting and informative for effect your looking for. As far as drawing fish around,blue seems to the least favorite color fish attractant from my research. Still may draw some tho, just makes a swim more interesting :)

Edited by h2ojunkie

My lights are 2 yrs old so not much point in posting pics of them again.

But I will say that when we bought them, we thought it would be fun to swim in & around. As it turns out, the fish like them too. So no one is interested in getting in the water when the lights are on. :Doh:

we found the same issue! LOL Don't turn them on if you actually want your wife to get in the water.