Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seats Are Done (Pics Of Course)

toddj

Follow up to my seat overhaul...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34949-box-of-skins-arrived-from-chee/page__p__494784__fromsearch__1#entry494784

4 months later, my seats are done. Very happy with the work from Chee and a local guy to install them. He steamed the foam, and added some foam to the seat bottoms, he even replaced my cup holders and a few bolts that I stripped on the side boards. All together I saved about $2k from what I was getting quoted from upholstery shops to do all the patterns, sewing, foam and install.

We went with a slightly different color pattern. I gave Chee an idea what I was looking for, and he delivered!

Just realized I didn't take a pic of the side boards. I'll take final pics once I install everything in the spring...

Before :

IMG_6624.jpg

After:

IMG_6948.jpg

Before:

DSC05827.jpg

After:

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

• 1 month later...

Can someone give me some feedback on chee? Obviously everyone says he does a great job and I'm sure he will, but I'm a bit disappointed in the communication. Sent him my check early feb, and since then I haven't heard back from him outside of him telling me it takes 3 weeks. Is this par for the course? The skins just show up one day?

1331603334' post='513989']

Can someone give me some feedback on chee? Obviously everyone says he does a great job and I'm sure he will, but I'm a bit disappointed in the communication. Sent him my check early feb, and since then I haven't heard back from him outside of him telling me it takes 3 weeks. Is this par for the course? The skins just show up one day?

He does what he says. Don't worry you made a good choice. I talked to him once, sent a check, skins arrived, all good.

He does what he says. Don't worry you made a good choice. I talked to him once, sent a check, skins arrived, all good.

how can I get in communication with this "Chee" fellow? I want to get skins made for my 2005 23 XTI.

thanks

Email:

Souluckmoua at yahoo.com

Send him you HIN and he can get a price to replace the skins.

how can I get in communication with this "Chee" fellow? I want to get skins made for my 2005 23 XTI.

thanks

Yes, this is how it works. Blindly mail off a check and then one day a big box of skins shows up. Other than two or three emails before the order, I never talked to him or heard from him after I sent the check. It's a little edgy but that makes the experience that much better.

Email:

Souluckmoua at yahoo.com

Send him you HIN and he can get a price to replace the skins.

i did try that about 3 weeks ago. I thought I had his email wrong.

I'll try again.

thanks

I'm about to send my check out to chee as well. Out of curiosity, how much did your local upholstery shop charge you for the install?

$800 for all the seats. All the seat foam he steamed the foam, and added foam to the existing. The seat bottoms were pretty weak. I wanted 100% new foam, but he talked me out of it by restoring the old, and adding a few layers to to top.

• 1 month later...

As promised, here is the finished product installed. Huge improvement in looks and function. Appreciate all the advice from the forum.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

• Like 2