Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost The Pin And Spring From My Floating Wedge?

New2Texas

Central Texas Watersports in Austin.

Waterski America in Dallas.

Daryl Moore Marine in Houston.

All Malibu Dealers.

Are you sure you have the floating wedge?

It's the manual wedge, that requires you to be in the water and set in/out of place. Is this called something else?

:tomato:

Yes, that's more than likely the manual wedge. There were mainly two different ones. Early ones that the pin came out to release it and the newer ones that had two spring loaded pins that you squeezed in to unlock the wedge. Not sure what parts are available for the manual wedges now from Malibu. If Bakes didn't have the manual wedge parts for you, other dealers may not as well. May have to get a part machined if you can't buy used.

Another member should be able to post pics that they have of both style wedges to help identify them for you.

Yea, that's more than likely the manual wedge. There were mainly two different ones. Early ones that the pin came out to release it and the newer ones that had to spring loaded pins that you squeezed in to unlock the wedge. Not sure what parts are available for the manual wedges now from Malibu. If Bakes didn't have the manual wedge parts for you, other dealers may not as well. May have to get a part machined if you can't buy used.

Another member should be able to post pics that they have of both style wedges to help identify them for you.

to clarify, the wedge has 2 spring loaded pins that you squeeze to release and lock into set position. The spring and l'ittle insert bar' have fallen out!

Edited by New2Texas

That should be the most common one then. I'd still call a few other dealers to see what they have. You more than likely have lost the Thumb screw that screws into the pin. That screw locks the spring and pin in the wedge. It would be easy to make if you can't find one.

Yep, there it was, right under my now cordless hedge trimmer. This is from my 2004 23 LSV manual wedge. The factory sent me an entire wedge assembly under warranty, but I used the old pin because it was still in good condition.

New and unused. How about 50 bucks including shipping?

post-2209-0-74596700-1326699324_thumb.jp

Edited by skyskier

Yep, there it was, right under my now cordless hedge trimmer. This is from my 2004 23 LSV manual wedge. The factory sent me an entire wedge assembly under warranty, but I used the old pin because it was still in good condition.

New and unused. How about 50 bucks including shipping?

I will PM you