Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speakers

DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

We are going to be replacing our tower speakers out and we were curious what everyone else is using? We were looking at the Samson speakers? They sounded great when we heard them. Does anyone else have any experience with them? We would love some feedback. Thanks!

We are going to be replacing our tower speakers out and we were curious what everyone else is using? We were looking at the Samson speakers? They sounded great when we heard them. Does anyone else have any experience with them? We would love some feedback. Thanks!

Samson are made by Exile, In Lake Oswego, I have had many diffident types of Tower speaker, and IMHO I prefer them, Being that you live a few miles away I would check with Brian, Go to the Exile Website and take a look, They have many Options available, Also Bakes Marine sells them, ask for Paul he is great to work with..

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/ http://www.bakesmarine.com/ You will find many on this forum run these tower speakers and absolutely love them... Plus they are local for you....Hope that helps.. heres a pic of what they look like,

270814_2110215602404_1456029435_32265762_4444109_n.jpg

No doubt Exile/Sampson is good stuffs. You won't go wrong with anything you choose. The clamp design on most all the Exile/Samspon speakers is the best in biz, with the ability to swivel 360 degrees and easily remove the speakers from the tower.

* Please disregard any private messages you may recieve from internet sellers on this site trying to earn your trust and sales. Exile has good product support as Mr. 67 stated through other avenues such as Scott and Sampson, Paul at Bakes, or at Exile's own website for purchase. Being that you are local and may need installation definetly work with one of our great reatailers in the area, especially if you need installation help. Samspon will be able to get you fully setup.

Edited by Bobby Bright

* Please disregard any private messages you may recieve from internet sellers on this site trying to earn your trust and sales. Exile has good product support as Mr. 67 stated through other avenues such as Scott and Sampson, Paul at Bakes, or at Exile's own website for purchase. Being that you are local and may need installation definetly work with one of our great reatailers in the area, especially if you need installation help. Samspon will be able to get you fully setup.

Actually, TheMalibuCrew.com would like for you to report ANY internet sellers on this site trying to earn your trust and sales through PM's as that is against the TOU's. If you report it we can confirm it.

We are going to be replacing our tower speakers out and we were curious what everyone else is using?

Fill us in on your goals. Price? is this to be heard while surfing only, or while wakeboarding too. Or do you want to light up the entire party cove?

I have 4 Wetsounds Rev 10's. They are very clear, very loud. But they might be out of your budget and you might not want to be 'that guy' at the lake like I am willing to be. My kids love tunes when tubing and I like them when wakeboarding.

I am pretty close to king of the water in my little stretch of the world. But there are even others much louder than mine if you have more lofty goals.

Edited by TallRedRider

What are you using to power the 4 rev 10s?

Nyryan, that is a question that is right on topic for what we know so far about DragonPrincess's goals (nothing), and I am glad you asked.

If Dragonprincess had the same goals as me (as stated above - high quality sound while tubing, boarding or whatever) she could power 2 pair of REV 10's with an Arc Audio KS600.2. It puts out 600 Watts X 2 at 2 Ohms. That is what I am using and am pretty pleased.

Edited by TallRedRider

There are many great tower speakers out there, Wetsounds and Exile seem to be very popular and high end. I am running a pair of Wetsounds REV 10's and they are plenty loud, great mid-bass, and will project 80 feet to the rider with no problems. Infact, they are almost too loud at times while you are in the boat.... rarely do we crank them up to full capacity, even when someone is riding. In my opinion, go with a pair to start, and if you need more you can always add them. I am powering with the ARC Audio KS600.2, works perfect. The REV series are wickedly powerful and will definitely rock your boat.

There are many opinions on speakers, Exile owners will preach Exile and Wetsounds owners will preach Wetsounds.... if you go with either you wont be disappointed. I chose Wetsounds because I like how long they have been in business, great customer service and my installer recommended them. That being said, if my installer was an Exile dealer and not Wetsounds I probably would have Exile on my boat, it really came down to what he sold and recommended.

Edited by Fman

I am using the Bullet Hollowpoint 7.7..very happy. I really like the new Bullet Hollowpoint NEO.. All that being said one of the reasons I chose this product is my local shop carried it and they recommended it over the others. I do like the handspun aluminum shell over plastic that some of the other brands use but they all have their advantages and are all great speakers so you cant go wrong with any choice. I chose the JL/600/4 HD amp to power the speakers.

My samsons are older (non exile) so all I can speak to is the mounting systems. The mounting system is awesome. I can point them in any direction and take them off in seconds for towing. No worries about bugs or speaker socks.

I appreciate all the imput. We are looking at getting the music to our kids/us while we are wakeboarding/tubing/surfing. We are also the party/music boat that everyone comes to. Our boat is know for being the life of the party. My husband is know for his amazing playlists and our boat for the awesome sound it has. SO basically my GOALS are to be THE LOUDEST BOAT PLAYING THE BEST MUSIC!! We currently are running 4 titan 2's with a 12 inch sub at the hubby's feet. (I couldn't tell you the brand of sub since we just replaced it... sorry) 6 interior speakers ( they are being replaced in March we currently have the sony the boat came with.) with 3 brand new rockford amps.

Clear, crisp and loud is what I'm looking for. We want to be heard coming up the river. We really like the Samson mounting system and the fact that we can swivel the speakers to whatever direction we are needing the music to carry to. I also like the idea of being able to turn the speakers to entertain the dock when we are arriving for pick ups/drop offs. Price is not a concern so that is not an issue for what type of speakers we decide to use.

Sooo, with that I hope that gives you an idea of what we are wanting. We appreciate all the input!! Thanks peeps!

You'll want the Exile 9's or the Wetsounds Rev 10's. Those get you into the A to A+ category based on what you are looking for.

Just get 1 pair of either and power them at their top RMS wattage ratings and you'll be louder than 98% of other boats.

If you want to be the loudest on your lake, and the next 3 lakes near to you, do 2 pair of either brand, power them to the max and you will blow everyone else out of the water.

I appreciate all the imput. We are looking at getting the music to our kids/us while we are wakeboarding/tubing/surfing. We are also the party/music boat that everyone comes to. Our boat is know for being the life of the party. My husband is know for his amazing playlists and our boat for the awesome sound it has. SO basically my GOALS are to be THE LOUDEST BOAT PLAYING THE BEST MUSIC!! We currently are running 4 titan 2's with a 12 inch sub at the hubby's feet. (I couldn't tell you the brand of sub since we just replaced it... sorry) 6 interior speakers ( they are being replaced in March we currently have the sony the boat came with.) with 3 brand new rockford amps.

Clear, crisp and loud is what I'm looking for. We want to be heard coming up the river. We really like the Samson mounting system and the fact that we can swivel the speakers to whatever direction we are needing the music to carry to. I also like the idea of being able to turn the speakers to entertain the dock when we are arriving for pick ups/drop offs. Price is not a concern so that is not an issue for what type of speakers we decide to use.

Sooo, with that I hope that gives you an idea of what we are wanting. We appreciate all the input!! Thanks peeps!

Ok Looks like You will have a little competition on the Willamette down in Newberg...LOL We love going there, So if you want to keep up with the other Malibu in town..XM'9's Will Not Disappoint, Not sure about the Rockford Amps, The 9's Like The Harpoon from Samson, Great amp, I will have mine in Exiles Shop later this month if you want to hear them, PM me and I will let you know when!!

Ok Looks like You will have a little competition on the Willamette down in Newberg...LOL We love going there, So if you want to keep up with the other Malibu in town..XM'9's Will Not Disappoint, Not sure about the Rockford Amps, The 9's Like The Harpoon from Samson, Great amp, I will have mine in Exiles Shop later this month if you want to hear them, PM me and I will let you know when!!

I'd also encourage you to check out a boat with whatever equipment you're looking at. Taking advice on what people like or listening to a speaker in a showroom is a very different tale vs actually listening to it in it's natural and intended environment doing the job it's designed to do.

I'd also encourage you to check out a boat with whatever equipment you're looking at. Taking advice on what people like or listening to a speaker in a showroom is a very different tale vs actually listening to it in it's natural and intended environment doing the job it's designed to do.

Great point, I had a chance to listen to a Supra that had the Early Hybird System in it, at there shop last year, And then I was sold, So much easier to make a decision when you are there in person. Like I said earlier, I will have mine there in a few weeks, and I'm sure there will be others in the next few months!! Edited by Wakesetter67

+1. The fact that exile is in your backyard makes them the obvious first stop

Better yet. Show up at the NW WOW and hear all kinds of systems first hand and on the water. Talk to the owners and meet some fellow malibu crew members. Granted Exile will probably be the dominate out of us (5 boats min.) . There will be at least one boat with a set of rev tens and a few other brands not mentioned.

Most of the NW people are Exile guys. It's hard not to be when the Exile crew is in your back yard and treat you like family. You will notice that Texas people feel the same way about wetsounds. both great company's. Let your ears decide.

Better yet. Show up at the NW WOW and hear all kinds of systems first hand and on the water. Talk to the owners and meet some fellow malibu crew members. Granted Exile will probably be the dominate out of us (5 boats min.) . There will be at least one boat with a set of rev tens and a few other brands not mentioned.

Most of the NW people are Exile guys. It's hard not to be when the Exile crew is in your back yard and treat you like family. You will notice that Texas people feel the same way about wetsounds. both great company's. Let your ears decide.

Plus1.gif

My samsons are older (non exile) so all I can speak to is the mounting systems. The mounting system is awesome. I can point them in any direction and take them off in seconds for towing. No worries about bugs or speaker socks.

Sometimes I wish I had the swivel speakers on my last boat as the speakers on my 09 hit my steering wheel so tower loop had to be removed in order to get the boat in the garage. However a lot of the time I leave the boat in the marina and I like the fact that my Hollowpoints are very hard to remove. Taking speakers on and off and lugging 4 back to my truck everytime I go would also be a pain. Quick release is good but not for everyone.

Sometimes I wish I had the swivel speakers on my last boat as the speakers on my 09 hit my steering wheel so tower loop had to be removed in order to get the boat in the garage. However a lot of the time I leave the boat in the marina and I like the fact that my Hollowpoints are very hard to remove. Taking speakers on and off and lugging 4 back to my truck everytime I go would also be a pain. Quick release is good but not for everyone.

Funny you said that, A few years ago, I was taking my speakers off my Tower ( Ski Sanger ) I had to lean over my Bimini and one pop off bounced up and into the lake..Thank God They Float. LOL

I had the opportunity to hear 2 pair of XM9's and my 2 pair of Wetsounds REV10's side by side, on the water.

I believe that the REV 10's had a richer, fuller sound.

I think the XM9's are the best looking speaker on the market.

When I was choosing speakers, I had a question and Brian called me on a Saturday and it was clear to me he was articulate, hard working and customer service oriented. If they were in my back yard, it would be pretty hard to not choose Exile.

I had the opportunity to hear 2 pair of XM9's and my 2 pair of Wetsounds REV10's side by side, on the water.

I believe that the REV 10's had a richer, fuller sound.

I think the XM9's are the best looking speaker on the market.

When I was choosing speakers, I had a question and Brian called me on a Saturday and it was clear to me he was articulate, hard working and customer service oriented. If they were in my back yard, it would be pretty hard to not choose Exile.

Hopefully the OP will have the opportunity to do the same and make thier own judgement based on thier own ears.