Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speaker Amps

LCKmalibu

I am currently upgrading my tower speakers from 4 - pro 60's to 4 - Rev 10's and installing 2 syn 4 amps. Can someone tell me the best way to connect the 2 syn 4 amps to the my 420 eq? Do I use Y splitters or does someone make RCA's for this application? Any suggestions on what brand of RCA cables

You would want to run one RCA from the tower output on the WS-420 to the amps and use a Y-adapter to 2 RCA's into the syn-4's. Take a look at the scosche RCA's. Look at the mid level at the least to get the better shielding.

Some amps have a pass-through for this purpose but not the SYN 4s. Just use Y splitters to send the signal to both amps.

I assume you are running the amps in bridged mode (2 x 400W @ 4 ohms). In this case, you do not need additional splitters to send the signal to the front and rear channels. Just set the "Source Select" to "2 CH" and both outputs to "Bridged". You can then just feed the Front inputs.

Edited by Brent Wall

You would want to run one RCA from the tower output on the WS-420 to the amps and use a Y-adapter to 2 RCA's into the syn-4's. Take a look at the scosche RCA's. Look at the mid level at the least to get the better shielding.

Tim,

Can you comment on your experience with the sound on a single Arc 600.2 vs. a pair of SYN 4's. Do you think the extra 100 Watts make a whole lot of difference?

Some amps have a pass-through for this purpose but not the SYN 4s. Just use Y splitters to send the signal to both amps.

I assume you are running the amps in bridged mode (2 x 400W @ 4 ohms). In this case, you do not need additional splitters to send the signal to the front and rear channels. Just set the "Source Select" to "2 CH" and both outputs to "Bridged". You can then just feed the Front inputs.

Brent, I think you misread. He is talking about running 2 amplifiers, and getting the single 420 output to both amps....Or do you mean just put the right into one amp, and the left into the other?

Edited by TallRedRider

Mods..........If I have a favorite sound gear retailer and I state the name and reputation of that retailer in a thread such as this one, is that ok? Just asking because I don't want to step on any toes.

Yes it is OK. Where the problem comes in is when most every post made by a member is pushing a certain brand/retailer (aka fanboy). There have even been instances where it is obvious that a vendor/retailer is having members post up threads to get the vendor name brought up. That's not going to fly any more either.