Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Considering Selling The Vlx

bamabonners

i am considering selling my 2011 VLX. I have never sold an inboard before so I have questions because I know inboard buyers are a little bit different market. Are there any key words I should put in the write up? Where should I list it? Do you think 69k is a fair price for options listed below?

approximately 25 hours

options:

*The Malibu Crew .com sticker on windshield :biggrin:

metal flake paint

snap in carpet

sound package 3

4 tower speakers

underwater LED

boatmate trailer with upgraded 20" wheels and tires

dual batteries

Indmar LCR engine

bimini

fresh water only

I would list on this site, only inboards, boattrader.

As for price look at NADA and go from there with the low hours and the fact that it is almost new I would start real close to the nada value but be careful dont over price, but do allow for some room to work.

i am considering selling my 2011 VLX. I have never sold an inboard before so I have questions because I know inboard buyers are a little bit different market. Are there any key words I should put in the write up? Where should I list it? Do you think 69k is a fair price for options listed below?

approximately 25 hours

options:

metal flake paint

snap in carpet

sound package 3

4 tower speakers

underwater LED

dual batteries

Indmar LCR engine

bimini

fresh water only

I paid less than that for my 2011 VLX with a Monsoon when I bought it new. It even had the upraded gelcoat flake and GPS in it.

I could go over to my dealer and pick up an 2011 with Monsoon, Flake and 70 hours for 64k without even negotiating.

http://www.waterskiamerica.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09122736X1K13K2012J9I29I40JAMQ3426R0&veh=2336288

Hope this helps.

Edited by Murphy8166

I paid less than that for my 2011 VLX with a Monsoon when I bought it new. It even had the upraded gelcoat flake and GPS in it.

I could go over to my dealer and pick up an 2011 with Monsoon, Flake and 70 hours for 64k without even negotiating.

http://www.waterskiamerica.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09122736X1K13K2012J9I29I40JAMQ3426R0&veh=2336288

Hope this helps.

But not in this area of the country ;) Cheapest I could find with 200 miles of here when I purchased was 75k. I took a trip to Austin for work last summer and was floored at how much cheaper boats are down there.

I would just post it up at the price you mentioned. If someone wants it they will call and try to negotiate the price down.

Thanks for the info guys. I just wanted an idea of what range to start. I didn't want to look crazy for posting something out of the ballpark and not get any offers.

But not in this area of the country ;) Cheapest I could find with 200 miles of here when I purchased was 75k. I took a trip to Austin for work last summer and was floored at how much cheaper boats are down there.

that was new. Now you are competing with prices all around the country. Just a thought.

approximately 25 hours

options:

metal flake paint

snap in carpet

sound package 3

4 tower speakers

underwater LED

dual batteries

Indmar LCR engine

bimini

fresh water only

Bummer you are selling such a nice boat....

Heater?

Heated drivers seat?

Onboard shower?

Quad board racks?

G3 Mirror?

Transom walk over plank?

2 or 4 wheel disc brakes on trailer?

Spare tire on trailer?

Dripless shaft seal?

Wakeboard prop?

Above might be some other items to list if they were left out.

What would a 2012 go for? 25 hours is basically brand new, assuming your boat is showroom condition with those low hours. Might want to also consider putting on consignment with your dealer, they might be able to generate a sale for you quickly. In Australlia it is the start of there summer, many dealers are selling boats to them at this time of the year, might be able to find someone in Aussie land.

Edited by Fman

Bummer you are selling such a nice boat....

Heater?

Heated drivers seat?

Onboard shower?

Quad board racks?

G3 Mirror?

Transom walk over plank?

2 or 4 wheel disc brakes on trailer?

Spare tire on trailer?

Dripless shaft seal?

Wakeboard prop?

Above might be some other items to list if they were left out.

What would a 2012 go for? 25 hours is basically brand new, assuming your boat is showroom condition with those low hours. Might want to also consider putting on consignment with your dealer, they might be able to generate a sale for you quickly. In Australlia it is the start of there summer, many dealers are selling boats to them at this time of the year, might be able to find someone in Aussie land.

Thanks fman, it does have the 4 wheel discs, dripless shaft seal, and 1235 prop. Those items are not listed in the write up because I didn't think about them.

I am one step ahead of you, I had it shrink wrapped for the winter and sitting at the dealer so they are going to list it on their site.

Ideally, we would like to sell the boat and buy a bigger house. Then, buy a VTX that will fit in the garage! LOL!

• 2 months later...