Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speaker Install

Timmye1

I have a 94 malibu echelon we have attached the airborn wakeboard tower to our boat, We want to install a set of tower speakers the the tower, although we are unsure how to run the wires from the tower to the inside of the boat without drilling more holes in the boat.

Any help or ideas would be great thanks.

Most, not all, tube towers require you to drill through the topdeck and run a short jumper into the tower base so you can run wire up the inside. It all depends what the base looks like and if its mounted with a heim joint at the base or not.

based on that tower you are going to have to drill a couple holes in the tower where is breaks apart to get the wire passed the joints. I don't see that you have any other option other than to poke a hole in the boat and run the wires into the deck. I guess you could come out the lower leg on the upper portion of the tower and just run the wire into the boat but that is certainly not a clean look and prone to get snagged on people and objects in the boat

What is the concern with "one more hole"?

Edited by Murphy8166

I also have an Airborne on my '95 and I used this surface connector from West Marine. Plated brass with a sealing rubber groumet. I did have to make the hole larger to fit the pair of larger wires thru.

If you have any issues with your install contact me. I had several that Aerial walked away from.

post-144-0-22824800-1326423494_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95

Use a backing or reinforcement board on the inside, After I had the tower set in place, I also contoured the gunnel mounts to fit the curve of the gunnel. That made it quite a bit more solid.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have an Airborne on my '95 and I used this surface connector from West Marine. Plated brass with a sealing rubber groumet. I did have to make the hole larger to fit the pair of larger wires thru.

If you have any issues with your install contact me. I had several that Aerial walked away from.

Yo, Sunsetter. Nice Icon and RL name!

Where abouts on West Marine did you get the hardware? I've been looking for those items without much luck.

Doug

Yo, Sunsetter. Nice Icon and RL name!

Where abouts on West Marine did you get the hardware? I've been looking for those items without much luck.

Doug

We have a local store and it was in with the off shore radio accessories.

I'll see if I can find it again. I did drill out the hole for the wires to handle the larger speaker wires. It is chrome plated brass so that was easy to do.

Seafit Coax Cable Deck Fitting

Edited by Sunsetter95