Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ronix Wakeboard

Mad_Russian

Need some help,

What’s the difference between the Ronix ATR and Modello? Anyone have any experience with the new 2012 Viva – Modello\ATR Edition, 2012 Parks – Modello\ATR Edition or the 2012 Mana? I can't really decide on what board? I've chosen the 2012 Divide boots; just need the board to finish it out.

Thanks!

the atr boards have a sintered base - similar to a snow board. perfect if you are hitting sliders, kickers etc. the atr is slightly lighter also than the modello, however the main difference is that the atr boards have more carbon and are stiffer. as a result of the carbon they are more 'snappy' off the wake.

I have ridden all of the ronix boards. my favourite is the mana. the '12 parks board is a little faster and easier to ride than previous years... the viva i have never liked.

I am curious as to why you have chosen the divide boot when you are considering a high end signature model board. why is that?

the atr boards have a sintered base - similar to a snow board. perfect if you are hitting sliders, kickers etc. the atr is slightly lighter also than the modello, however the main difference is that the atr boards have more carbon and are stiffer. as a result of the carbon they are more 'snappy' off the wake.

I have ridden all of the ronix boards. my favourite is the mana. the '12 parks board is a little faster and easier to ride than previous years... the viva i have never liked.

I am curious as to why you have chosen the divide boot when you are considering a high end signature model board. why is that?

I've been wakeboarding for about 7 years now and believe it or not I've never owned a board. I've used the boards that were available with whoever I went with. I've been using a friend’s Ronix for a while and I’m not sure what kind it is because he sold it this year. So I’ve been researching some boards and have narrowed it down to what I think would fit my size, riding style and also perform the way I want it to. I’ve also be reading that a wider board could be beneficial? I would consider myself intermediate to advance. Your question to why I am interested in a signature board and the divide boots is I have not researched boots at all! I am sure that is a big no no but I wanted to find a board before I look harder at bindings. I just picked the cheapest ones so far. What can you suggest as far as bindings?

I am currently riding on a 2012 Parks Modello.

My previous board was a 2009 Hyperlite Murray.

I am really enjoying the Parks board, it has a very forgiving rail through the center that has saved me from quite a few face plants already this season, however when you transition your weight back a bit and set an edge it really hooks up nicely and feels locked in.

Its a nice poppy board but still has pretty good speed across the water, it felt a little slow compared to the continuous rocker on my hyperlite, however a month of riding in and I am used to it now and it does not feel like hard work to ride.

All in all I find it a nice poppy board that has forgiving characteristics that anyone can ride. I was told the Ronix One is also very forgiving through the center rail but has a slightly looser feel on edge than the Parks........

I would go and try them all out and see which one you like to ride......