Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Vlx Fuel Filter Replacement

Fman

I currently have 143 hours on my 2011 vlx, when should I plan on replacing the fuel filter?

Does anyone have a good picture of how to do this? I replaced my Supra filter annualy, but it was in line and very simple to do. How difficult is the vlx? I believe it is located in the tank? I am considering taking to dealer to have it done, but would prefer to learn how to do it myself.

Any pics or literature would be appreciated...thank you.

I had the same questions but decided to wait for the 300 hour mark per Paul's recommendation. I saved this thread where he posted instructions on how to do the filter change:

You can also find the same info on Bake's website under resources.

the 2011's have in tank filters the 08 you could clip them out from the top of the tank and change.

everyone says change at 300 hours ..if it was easy i would do it annually ..

I had the same questions but decided to wait for the 300 hour mark per Paul's recommendation. I saved this thread where he posted instructions on how to do the filter change:

http://www.themalibu...lx-fuel-filter/

You can also find the same info on Bake's website under resources.

Thanks for posting that link to that other thread. I wish I could help like I use to. Now I feel like i'm sitting on the sidelines on some threads...

That is an awesome amount of hours to have on 2011 Boat... I wish we got that much time on the water.

Only got 8 on mine...but bought it late in 11! More to come in 12!

Thanks for all the feedback, appears I have another 160 hours before I need to bother with this... I am assuming I have the Gen 3 filter because of the year of the boat. Guess I can cross this off my checklist of maint items for this year :clap: