Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amp/switch Mounting Location

Steve B.

I'm going to relocate the battery's switch from the ski locker area, and an amp from the drivers area.

I want to mount them both together (amp rack) and maybe a couple of fused termination blocks in the passenger storage area in my sunsetter. Vertically against the bow walk-thru wall.

What I'm looking for are way's to affix the rack. I'm thiking a couple thin profile type carraige bolts from the bow walk area, thru that wall?

I'm going to have more questions about powering the stereo correctly, so thanks in advance,

Steve B.

Steve,

You don't have to use through bolts if they are going to be in an exposed area. That would be a great method if you were mounting below the sole level and accessing through the center floor locker. With 3M fiberglass panel Duramix or Evercoat Kittyhair you can bond a panel or intermediate blocks directly to the fiberglass interior wall. Expose the fiberglass by removing carpet in that area, roughen the fiberglass surface a bit with sandpaper and clean it up with mineral spirits. Then use the bonding agent. You can drill out a number of shallow holes on the back side of the blocks to increase the mechanical bond. The intermediate blocks can be made of a HQ void-free birch plywood that is fiberglass resin coated. The blocks can also act as stand-offs to conceal a wiring raceway. This will support more weight than you will ever need.

David

Steve,

You don't have to use through bolts if they are going to be in an exposed area. That would be a great method if you were mounting below the sole level and accessing through the center floor locker. With 3M fiberglass panel Duramix or Evercoat Kittyhair you can bond a panel or intermediate blocks directly to the fiberglass interior wall. Expose the fiberglass by removing carpet in that area, roughen the fiberglass surface a bit with sandpaper and clean it up with mineral spirits. Then use the bonding agent. You can drill out a number of shallow holes on the back side of the blocks to increase the mechanical bond. The intermediate blocks can be made of a HQ void-free birch plywood that is fiberglass resin coated. The blocks can also act as stand-offs to conceal a wiring raceway. This will support more weight than you will ever need.

David

Never thought of that. Thanks David. I do have some 1" x 2" standoff's ready to go.

Steve B.