Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Xm9 On Hoop Bar

Peter J

Hi has any one got any photos of a pair of Exile XM9 mounted on the rear hoop bar on an Illusion X tower

and where they ran the wires ?

Thanks Peter

Toowoomba Queensland Australia .

This might help, XM9s on G3 hoop bar, only a temp solution while wating for dual XM9 adapters for thr G3 tower.

Just made up some spacers out of poly pipe so the wires in the XM9 mount didn't get squashed or cut and just ran the wires outside so I didn't have to drill the hoop.

6651862927_909b7c6b22_b.jpg

6651859731_1a3c910620_b.jpg

Edited by Flamingturbo

The cross bar is fishable, but you will need to come out with a service loop from the bar to the main tower section. Here is a pic that will help you to see where you will need to pop out of the cross bar and back into the main section. This is of an 09 VLX with Illusion tower.

009-10.jpg

Edited by MLA

Wow am I the only one that noticed he's asking about the illusion tower? Not the G3.

OP.search bobby bright or 2011 NW wow. His cycle has xm9's mounted to the hoop.

Exactly what MLA showed, that was my boat and it is the XS.

so the hoop is not hollow through to the tower arms .

I will have to drill two holes and run speaker cable from amp to the Xm9s

thanks.

The cross bar is fishable, but you will need to come out with a service loop from the bar to the main tower section. Here is a pic that will help you to see where you will need to pop out of the cross bar and back into the main section. This is of an 09 VLX with Illusion tower.

009-10.jpg

So the hoop is not hollow through to the tower arms .

I will have to drill two holes and run speaker cable from amp to the Xm9s.

Thanks .

So the hoop is not hollow through to the tower arms .

I will have to drill two holes and run speaker cable from amp to the Xm9s.

Thanks .

Correct, and on each side. You will not be able to pass cable past the tow point in the center of the hoop.

That is good advice about the possibility of removal. You could use a small, streamlined disconnect in line.

Most pylon tubes are obstructed at the end and require an external service loop. Does anyone know of any particular year, make and model of Illusion tower where there is a pass-through at the end?

Is the objective of installing the speakers on the crossbar rather than to the cast arch just to get them higher? If so, is there any unobstructed location higher on the cast arch that would work out? The 5/16"#18 riveted nut inserts and tools to mount the hardware just like the factory are readily available. We do this on a number of different boats. Let me know if you need a reference for the tool and hardware.

David

• 3 weeks later...

This might help, XM9s on G3 hoop bar, only a temp solution while wating for dual XM9 adapters for thr G3 tower.

Just made up some spacers out of poly pipe so the wires in the XM9 mount didn't get squashed or cut and just ran the wires outside so I didn't have to drill the hoop.

6651862927_909b7c6b22_b.jpg

6651859731_1a3c910620_b.jpg

Steve,

Came out awesome....very profesional looking install, especially considering its a temporary solution.

Steve,

Came out awesome....very profesional looking install, especially considering its a temporary solution.

Thanks Jarryd ,and sounds awesome too, thanks again for for all your help.