Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2Nd Sub Placement.

BaBaLoO

Looks awesome. I only have one Rockford Punch and believe its not that expensive but sounds great. Was thinking of replacing with two JL's but noticed they dont have 12 inch marine grade.

Did you build the box yourself, have it made, or just ordered something that pretty much fit in there? What subwoofers are those? Are they marine grade?

Thanks,

I forgot who built the box. But the subs are digital designs. www.ddaudio.com

They are a oklahoma city company that hand builds the woofers here in okc. I currently am running one of their 3500's and got to watch them build it piece by piece and walk out the door with it after. Really cool. But their stuff isn't "marine specific". But as you can see lots of people are running them with no issues.

Also exile's big serious if I remember right are made here in the states also.

The subs made in the states are the ones breaking the records in spl and can s*** and get.

This is why I like to start with the maximum enclosure that will fit the boat and then select a combination of woofer and enclosure that will best perform in that available size. Forcing a larger woofer(s) into an undersized enclosure is counter-productive.

Yes, always. Thank you. Force fitting something into an enclosure that isn't appropriate is the biggest money waster in 12v audio. The real question is how much space can you afford to make the box take up. In general, the more volume the more output you will be able to achieve as more cone area requires more internal volume.

The DD's that are pictured definitely get loud as woofers, but I am a bit skeptical they aren't cramped to a negative degree in that install. They are not small box woofers. Could be fine, I don't know the box but in general it "looks" too small to me.