Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Ski Racks

Dexter

I was killing some time on the dealer's website and saw a ski rack on the new tower. I don't know if it's already been posted, but I recall a discussion a while ago.

Here is a pic from their website:

post-11321-0-46468800-1325863347_thumb.j

When we picked up the new boat last month and asked about ski racks our dealer told me to wait and showed me the pic of those new racks in 2012 brochure, told us they will be available soon in Aust. No mention of cost though. Even more usefull would be a rack that fits knee boards like the ones on the older towers.

I asked my dealer recently about ski racks for the G3 tower and I was told that there is one by Titan that swings in and another by Samson that does not. The one in the photo might be the Titan one, although it seems to me that the one I saw a picture of had the Malibu logo on it.

I was supposed to get more info including prices, but have not heard back yet.

Looks better than mine.

Eye of the beholder, and all that. Granted, the Malibu one looks great, but the one you made looks good, too. More importantly, you've been able to use yours for all this time while the rest of us have been waiting for one to become available.

Eye of the beholder, and all that. Granted, the Malibu one looks great, but the one you made looks good, too. More importantly, you've been able to use yours for all this time while the rest of us have been waiting for one to become available.

And I would imagine it was a lot less expensive than the ones coming out this year.

And I would imagine it was a lot less expensive than the ones coming out this year.

Maybe, but probably not. When negotiating the final deal on my boat I added a bunch of accessories (including two additional board racks) and tossed out a revised total purchase price. Basically we were there on the price of the boat and I said if he could do the list of accessories for the revised price I would close the deal. I am sure he made a little money (but not much) on the accessories, which he should, but it did close the deal on the boat. I didn't itemize the price of any of the accessories while negotiating so I can't say for sure what I paid but I would guess am into the ski rack for around $650 which includes the cost of a monster tower ski rack from my old boat. That price doesn't include labor to modify the monster rack to fit the Malibu rack. A year ago when I bought my boat Bakes was running a closeout special on the G3 board racks for $550.

I would expect that the cost will be a little more than the board racks as it appears to use more material and also appears like it would use more machine time to manufacture.

In any event I believe they have done a great job designing it. I would have definitely added one on when buying my boat if they were available then.

Kris

Edited by BSUBU_Kris