Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Still Need Help - Same Problem

All:

I still need help with my original problem. Here is my original thread - http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=500454. And now here is the latest update. This is going to be a long read but I want to make sure you all have the full story.

Took the boat out and had the same problem. My father in law ended up convincing the dealer to pick up the boat and return it when they said it was fixed. They had the boat for 3 days. They finally said that they needed to replace the thermostat as well. The ran the dyno test it checked out good and the did a lake test and it checked out good according to the dealer.

I ran the boat 12/26 & 12/27.

The 26th it ran with no issues. We ran it for about 2.5 hours. We were just wakesurfing or actually trying to tune the wake for surfing. I had all ballast tanks full(not at the same time), wedge down, and 1-750lbs fat sac in the back on surf side. No issues.

The 27th we get the boat in the water, run the blower for a while, start it up and let it idle for 5 minutes, then cruise @ 10mph for 5 minutes, then I drive it @ 35mph for about 5 minutes which then the thermastat started rising above 160 degrees. Once it does that the alarm sounds and the boat will cruise into to idle speed till it cools down. I let it cool then proceeded on not getting to 35mph it was fine. Then I loaded the boat up with 1500lbs of fat sac, wedge down, left side ballast tank full, and bow tank full. We started to surf and then about 10 minutes in the boat shot over 160 degrees again.

What do you think I should do?

My first gut is to contact the dealer again.

But then I need to know how to fix these things as well.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the long story.

Sorry to hear about your recurring issues. I would encourage you to shoot a PM to Paul at Bakes for some advice on your particular issue, he's pretty good at the troubleshooting.

Sorry to hear about your recurring issues. I would encourage you to shoot a PM to Paul at Bakes for some advice on your particular issue, he's pretty good at the troubleshooting.

:plus1: There is also an Indmar engin guy on here somewhere (can't remember his name) he would be a good resource as well.

Sounds to me like you still have a restricted flow of water at higher RPM. I reread the other thread and the impeller seemed to be the culprit before, you might want to check the tranny cooler again. This time taking both hoses off and shining a light through the cooler. It is possible to get some pieces stuck in there. Also use your shop vac and clean out the hose that goes from the impeller to the tranny cooler the stuff that is causing the issues could be hidding out in the bend of the hose.

Sorry you are having a recurring issue.

Good Luck

:plus1:There is also an Indmar engin guy on here somewhere (can't remember his name) he would be a good resource as well.Sounds to me like you still have a restricted flow of water at higher RPM. I reread the other thread and the impeller seemed to be the culprit before, you might want to check the tranny cooler again. This time taking both hoses off and shining a light through the cooler. It is possible to get some pieces stuck in there. Also use your shop vac and clean out the hose that goes from the impeller to the tranny cooler the stuff that is causing the issues could be hidding out in the bend of the hose.

Sorry you are having a recurring issue.

Good Luck

Isn't that Engine Nut?

Isn't that Engine Nut?

Yea that's him. He is in Millington TN (Indmar factory). Get Engine Nut involved, at least so far as advise is concerned.