Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vdrive Not Sucking In Antii Freeze Help!

hi trying to get antrifreeze in manifolds to store boat.

bucket with antifreeze hooked up direct to vdrive so it sucks it straight in but nothing happening..

its an 08 vlx with 340 monsoon.

did it afew months ago on a 2011 vlx 350 monsoon and it sucked it straight away.

putting a garden hose into bucket with a connector at the other end that fixs into factory hose that goes into side of vdrive.

letting it run afew second as i dont want to do damage ,but nothing.

any help appreciated!!

i have a flush kit on it but it never sucks from the flush kit anti freeze into the vdrive.

always connect direct to vdrive so it sucks it in ,but not sucking on the 08 monsoon..

hi trying to get antrifreeze in manifolds to store boat.

bucket with antifreeze hooked up direct to vdrive so it sucks it straight in but nothing happening..

its an 08 vlx with 340 monsoon.

did it afew months ago on a 2011 vlx 350 monsoon and it sucked it straight away.

putting a garden hose into bucket with a connector at the other end that fixs into factory hose that goes into side of vdrive.

letting it run afew second as i dont want to do damage ,but nothing.

any help appreciated!!

It's your engines way of telling you that it does not need antifreeze.

while I pretty much agree with Murphy that this is an unnecessary step, this sounds an awful lot like the "fake a lake won't prime" issue. Common wisdom in that case is to bump the throttle a bit to get the impeller to start pulling water. Have you tried briefly reving the engine a bit (blipping the throttle) to see if that will start the antifreeze sucking?

while I pretty much agree with Murphy that this is an unnecessary step, this sounds an awful lot like the "fake a lake won't prime" issue. Common wisdom in that case is to bump the throttle a bit to get the impeller to start pulling water. Have you tried briefly reving the engine a bit (blipping the throttle) to see if that will start the antifreeze sucking?

no i havent tried that ,thks !