Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help Chooising The Appropriate Vinyl Cleaner

Hello everyone, I'm new to the boat scene. I brought a 2009 Axis A22 3 months ago and the vinyl is in great shape except it start to have like a yellow reflection.

Do you think 303 Aerospace Cleaner will remove this yellow reflection? Do you have another product to suggest?

Thanks you

Will work

The best I have found is called exquisite

Cleans the textured vinyl very well

And is affordable

I use exquisite to deep clean , 303 for uv, and boat bling to mainatain it

Still looks new after 6 years

There are several products but I use 303 cleaner and protectant myself. Putting the vinyl in the sun will many times bleach it out. If neither of those work then you may have a glue issue that is discoloring the vinyl from underneath and if your still under warranty get it checked by the dealer.

Aero 303 should do 90% of everything you"ll need. I'd be VERY carefull about using anything past whats reccomended. I'd use Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponges sparingly for anything small past that.

In my experience, the sun and regular use will bleach out and fade away most stains and problems with vinyl. Its when folks freak out and start doing crazy stuff like bleach and acetone that serious damages result.

Example. This summer in my brand new 2011 247, i had a terrible situation where a someone brought a wakeboard helmet on my boat, and they had wrote their name on it with one of those huge Sharpie thick permanent markers. You can see where I am going with this. long story short, the heat and moisture cause the marker to transfer off the hemet into the vinyle in my seats.

I was ready to puke I was sick. I wipes it with damp lake water and did nothing else for the rest of the week. Within 2 weeks the name had faded a lot... within a month of use it was 100% gone.

be patient and go slow with what you put on your vinyl.

Aero 303 should do 90% of everything you"ll need. I'd be VERY carefull about using anything past whats reccomended. I'd use Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponges sparingly for anything small past that.

In my experience, the sun and regular use will bleach out and fade away most stains and problems with vinyl. Its when folks freak out and start doing crazy stuff like bleach and acetone that serious damages result.

Example. This summer in my brand new 2011 247, i had a terrible situation where a someone brought a wakeboard helmet on my boat, and they had wrote their name on it with one of those huge Sharpie thick permanent markers. You can see where I am going with this. long story short, the heat and moisture cause the marker to transfer off the hemet into the vinyle in my seats.

I was ready to puke I was sick. I wipes it with damp lake water and did nothing else for the rest of the week. Within 2 weeks the name had faded a lot... within a month of use it was 100% gone.

be patient and go slow with what you put on your vinyl.

:plus1: I'll back that up, I also had an incident involving a Sharpie, the sun will eventually take care of it.

another product that also works pretty well for the deep cleaning the vinyl is the Malco leather and vinyl cleaner - I use that stuff with a vegetable brush and then top it off with the 303 protectant - four years and the vinyl still looks new. just my 02 cents

Edited by FlatH20

During the first week of use of our new VLX one of my sons friends slid across the upolstery and seats in the bow with a pair of wet red shorts and left a dark pink stain on the white vinyl. No amount of wiping with damp towels would remove this and I was in a real panic thinking the stain might be permanent. I remembered that I had brought some cleaning products away with us to use at the end of each day, so I ran back to our camp and grabbed the vinyl cleaner (BB Vinyl Sauce) and soaked the stained areas with it, there was a reasonable improvement straight away and after a couple more soakings and wiping down the stain was completely gone. Absolutely made my day and was huge relief for the young friend who thought he had just destroyed the trim in the front of our new boat.

The 3M vinyl protectant works well too. For tough stains I use greased lightning cleaner diluted 50% and a soft brush works great and have used it on the last 3 boats I have owned with no problems.

another product that also works pretty well for the deep cleaning the vinyl is the Malco leather and vinyl cleaner - I use that stuff with a vegetable brush and then top it off with the 303 protectant - four years and the vinyl still looks new. just my 02 cents

I use Malco on the car's leather, I'll have to try it on the boat next season.

This summer I got a pretty good stain on the back seat.

My dad lotioned up at camp and hopped in the truck with me to drive the boat through camp and launch it. He hopped in the drivers seat and backed me down the ramp. Between the ride down and the time at the ramp, the lotion on his back pulled dye out of the black cloth seat in the truck and was "wet" on his back.

He met me at the dock and hopped in the boat with the rest of the family. He rode out to the lake in the back seat. He got the first set with the slalom ski. He was putting his ski on and when I turned around to throw him the handle, that's when i noticed the seat was totally stained grey! :Doh:

I keep a bottle of Exquisite in the glovebox with a rag. I went to town on the stain straight away. We all took turns soaking it and scrubbing it throughout the day with the rag and a brush. It was pretty light colored once the sun was going down and we headed for the dock, but I can still see a light stain even now several months later. I can say the sun faded it more since it has happened, but I think the fact that the truck's seat dye is really nasty stuff and since the seat back on the rear seat is vertical, it's hard for it to totally fade back to white. On a horizontal seat pad I'm sure the sun works much better. Even so, I think by the end of next summer it will be totally gone.