Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's The #2 Choice For Boat Covers?

toddj

I've read a lot about Evoluition covers, seen pictures, and testimonials. I would really like to get one, but Corey doesn't have a pattern for my ride.

So I'm trying to find out from the Crew what the #2 choice is for covers. I would assume I'd have to go to a online shop like boatcoversdirect or greatlakesboattop.

When it out of winter storage it sit outside 24/7 on my driveway.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....

TJ

Check around your local area, I have seen some really nice custom covers in the Charlotte area that can be made to fit anything. Think giant RV covers etc.

Get Sunbrella as the fabric. I have an Evo cover, and they are great because of how well they're made, don't require poles for most boats, are towable, etc, but the fabric is the fabric. Sunbrella is what he uses. If it's not already treated with something like 303 protectant, you can use that to make it more water repellant. You'll need to refresh it from time to time anyway.

I have to keep my boat outside as well. I don't currently have a skirt for mine, but I'm looking at getting another boat and will most likely order another Evo cover. I will look to add a removable/zipper skirt to it to add a little more sun/weather protection to the sides and transom. The skirt can be a cheaper material like polyester, since it doesn't need to breathe like the cover on top of the boat does. Corey said adding one to an existing cover was basically child's play and to have a local shop or sewer add it which would be cheaper than having him do it. Part of this is because you can't put the skirt on a new cover until the cover has been stretched and fitted to the boat for a while.

Edited by poski

I had to wait for Cory to pattern a boat like mine to get an Evo. It was well worth the wait. If you get online and call some dealers in his area you may be able to track down a boat for him to pattern. I actually considered flying him out to my place to pattern my boat :crazy:

martinarcher

I had to wait for Cory to pattern a boat like mine to get an Evo. It was well worth the wait. If you get online and call some dealers in his area you may be able to track down a boat for him to pattern. I actually considered flying him out to my place to pattern my boat :crazy:

That's a cool idea. I would love to meet him in person. After spending a couple night on the phone with him I think he would be a cool guy to spend a couple days talking about boats with while patterning yours.

Thanks for the advise and links to other sites. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. But I need something to better protect my brand new interior.

My seat guy called, they're done. Pics soon.... :thumbup: