Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Tower Cover

BSUBU_Kris

I have a cheap solution that I have been using for the last 3 yrs and one other that is being used with Thousands of miles being towed.

Disclaimer, this cover should not be used while wet. I'm sure it would save the tower from UV during the summer but don't leave it on after its wet. FYI my cover has never been wet as I live in CA and the boat stays in the garage.

I use two sets of covers on a Swoop tower with four bullet speakers. This cover also fits on the Illusion tower as well with out a problem, just make sure to have it go around both bars.

These look pretty good, and at $140 total that is a pretty economical way to keep bugs/grime off the tower while towing. Removing the board racks would make it even more streamlined. So who is going to be the first to try them out on a G3? :)

These look pretty good, and at $140 total that is a pretty economical way to keep bugs/grime off the tower while towing. Removing the board racks would make it even more streamlined. So who is going to be the first to try them out on a G3? :)

We might be able to try it in a week or so.

That would help to save on gas. :crazy:

This thing streaches more then one would think. For the G3 I would use just one.

martinarcher

My link

Product name is called tower socks by Newt Juice. I do have a line on this product and may be able to pull off a GB if we have enough people.

This is the Illusion with three socks, one in the center and one on each side. The tower has four board racks and a pair of wetsounds.

Thumbup.gif That would be sweet. I would guess it gets plenty tight to stay on a TIII at highway speeds? Just wondering since the TIII swoops the opposite way of the Illusion/G3.

My link

Product name is called tower socks by Newt Juice. I do have a line on this product and may be able to pull off a GB if we have enough people.

This is the Illusion with three socks, one in the center and one on each side. The tower has four board racks and a pair of wetsounds.

I would be interested :plus1:

• 5 weeks later...

My link

couple questions:

1. why not wet...I'd use it on my open (uncovered ) lift.It would get wet...no work?

2.how much?

3.does it use velcro or what?

this might scare the locals.....Krazy lookin'

• 1 month later...

Did someone ever have this made for the G3 tower? Going to be towing to Cali this summer and would love to know if someone had a solution!

I had one fabbed up at an upholstry shop.... I think it turned out great, basically its 3 pieces for the main tower, 1 piece for rear bar, and the mirror arm cover. Made of Sunbrella material.

G3_8.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...