Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help buying used Malibu

mike767

Im looking at getting an older malibu skier. The one that I have in mind is a 89' Euro skier F3. Does anyone know if these vintage boats are prone to any type of problems. What is the difference between the Euro skiier F3, and the regular skier? Also how much would be to much when talking price. Seller is asking around 9,000. I think that it seems a little steep. Looking for any input, Thanks

Welcome Mike,

Please tell us more about the type of water sports you do, or would like to do and how much you want to spend and I'm sure you will get some suggestions on what type of boat to look for.

If I am not mistaken the Skiers including the F3 great boats but can't be fitted with the wedge. If you are a slalom skier I think the skiers are great. I got the chance to boat drive and ski behind two different Skiers this last summer and I thought that they were awesome. If I could afford a second boat it would be a vintage Skier or a Sporty.

BTW how many hours are on the boat you are looking at, and what kind of condition?

Joe

Welcome Mike,

Please tell us more about the type of water sports you do, or would like to do and how much you want to spend and I'm sure you will get some suggestions on what type of boat to look for.

Thanks for the replies so far. As for the watersports that I do, I mainly slalom ski. I do do a little wakeboarding although Im not that good at it. I would also like to learn how to barefoot too. I am looking to buy something in the $8,500 and under range.

If I am not mistaken the Skiers including the F3 great boats but can't be fitted with the wedge. If you are a slalom skier I think the skiers are great. I got the chance to boat drive and ski behind two different Skiers this last summer and I thought that they were awesome. If I could afford a second boat it would be a vintage Skier or a Sporty.

BTW how many hours are on the boat you are looking at, and what kind of condition?

Joe

The boat that I am looking at has a little under 700 on it, the seller says that it is in like new condition and from the picture it does look pretty good, although I dont have any interior pics.

There is no difference between the the two except creature comforts. My first Bu (of four) was a brand new Euro Skier. As far as problems... None, they used a Merc Cruiser back then, a very reliable motor. If you want a Wedge forget it, no worky... otherwise a great boat !

From the pictures that I have, it looks like there are two speedometers. What is the purpose of having two speedometers??

The two speedos are a fail safe for comp use, if one gets plugged up the other should still work, hopefully presurving the perfect run through the course.

Joe