Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sportster Owners

gekko

Question for all sportster owners with the 310 carb model. What prop are you running, max rpm and miles per hour on gps? I'm sure most are running the acme 515 but would like to know if anyone has tried something else and with what results ie OJ or even ACME 4 blade vs 3 blade.

Edited by gekko

My Sporty came with an OJ 13 X 14 4 Blade Legend Prop. Great prop for footin'.

Could run 53.8 mph. Pulled a 240 # footer long line @ 45 mph like he wasn't even there.

It's a good prop for wakeboarding and slalom skiing as well.

When CNC'd props came out I had to try one so I picked up an OJ 13 X 12 3 Blade XMP Edge.

Top end dropped to 50 mph but holeshot got even better and speed holding thru the course also improved.

The wake seemed to stay about the same size but got slightly softer and less turbulent.

What watersports do you do?

My Sporty came with an OJ 13 X 14 4 Blade Legend Prop. Great prop for footin'.

Could run 53.8 mph. Pulled a 240 # footer long line @ 45 mph like he wasn't even there.

It's a good prop for wakeboarding and slalom skiing as well.

When CNC'd props came out I had to try one so I picked up an OJ 13 X 12 3 Blade XMP Edge.

Top end dropped to 50 mph but holeshot got even better and speed holding thru the course also improved.

The wake seemed to stay about the same size but got slightly softer and less turbulent.

What watersports do you do?

I barefoot and slalom ski. My boat presently has a stainless 13 x 13 and I get around 47 at 4900 rpm. What are you pulling for rpms with the 13 x 14? I phoned acme and they said to go with a 13 x 12 515. I would like to get more mph. Acme said that the 13 x 12 would be the same as my stainless. I would like to go with an acme 13 x 13 or even the 449 which is a 13 x 12.625 0.80 cup. For footing wouldn't you want a 3 blade vs 4 if it makes a softer wake than the 4 blade? From what you've said sounds like an OJ 13 x 13 would get you almost the same speed as the OJ 13 x 14 4 blade but softer wake. Not concerned with holeshot has lots. My boat is a gekko gts 20 with a PCM 300 plus which is basically the same engine as the Indmar 310 carb.

I didn't have a Sportster, but I did make a switch from a CVP 13 X 13 to the Acme 515 when we had our '98 Response LX with a Monsoon. (The stainless CVP threw a blade! Get rid of it ASAP!) The Acme gave the same top end, 48, but was a much smoother prop than the CVP and the hole shot was improved, too. You're probably not going to gain a whole lot more in speed (1 to 2 mph) going to the 13 inch pitch Acme over the 12.

What are you pulling for rpms with the 13 x 14?

Right about 5000

For footing wouldn't you want a 3 blade vs 4 if it makes a softer wake than the 4 blade?

No. For footin' a little firmer wake is better. Softer means that your foot will more easily dig into it during wake crossings.

My boat is a gekko gts 20 with a PCM 300 plus which is basically the same engine as the Indmar 310 carb.

Similar motor, yes. Similar hull... :dontknow: The hull will make a difference. I would shoot Max at Skier-To-Skier an e-mail and get his opinion. That's where I got my OJ. Could not be happier with it.

You could also PM Eric Johnson with OJ Props, who is a member here.